Will buying a new videocard solve my ialmrnt5 display driver problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafaelbayoneta

I need to know before I buy a new videocard because my main driver is ialmrnt5 for my current videocard. My driver is Intel82865G.
I have problems with my main driver ialmrnt5. The screen freezes for 10 seconds then everything goes 4-bit and the color quality is very low.
I've tried formatting my PC twice, updating my driver, set my BIOS settings from PCI to Onboard/AGP....
Will getting a new videocard solve this problem? I plan to buy Geforce. I don't want my money to go to waste.
Please help!!!!

Sounds like the onboard GPU may be on its last leg. When you install a graphics card the integrated unit gets disabled (you will probably need to do this yourself) so it will definitely fix the problem. -But before you go buying something we need a bit of information first, like your budget, power supply specs, and graphics bus type (AGP 4x or 8x).

Before you install a new video card, you need to uninstall any existing display drivers and disable the onboard device. Once this is done, you can install the new graphics card and boot the system normally. Download and install the latest drivers for the card and restart the computer. You should be done after that.

Thank you, my budget is only $40. I think that's good enough to buy a 512MB videocard PCI or a 256MB AGP.
My graphics bus type is PCI and AGP. I have both bus types. Well, that's what it said on the BIOS settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back