Will my Pc run WoW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a Dell Dimension 3100 6 months ago and a friend got me into wanting WoW. Here are the specs:

2.8ghz Intel Pentium 4 Processor
2gb DDR2 Ram
160GB HDD (more than enough disk space for me)
Integrated Intel GMA 900 graphics card (what worries me:()

Will I need to buy a new graphics card and also will my 512kbps internet connection do the trick?

Please help thanks!

Punkrock-101 said:
I bought a Dell Dimension 3100 6 months ago and a friend got me into wanting WoW. Here are the specs:

2.8ghz Intel Pentium 4 Processor
2gb DDR2 Ram
160GB HDD (more than enough disk space for me)
Integrated Intel GMA 900 graphics card (what worries me:()

Will I need to buy a new graphics card and also will my 512kbps internet connection do the trick?

Please help thanks!

The internet connection isn't to bad there may be a little lag if playing with someone that has a higher connection speed.

as for the Specs you have more than enough System Ram, Processor good as well, as for the on board graphics how much ram is it setup for ? i know the minimum spec for WOW is 64mb but it really needs at least 128mb your chipset is supported but it has limited pixel shading so some of the graphical options may not be available to you but it will run.

Thanks,

Dell describe the GMA 900 as having 64mb of "shared" ???? memory.

My graphics slot is a PCI (not express) how will a geforce fx5500 256mb run?

Ill sell you my fully working BFG Tech Overclocked from the factory 5500FX, it has a higher clock speed due to the overclocked, if you want it i consider ur offer. Its a PCI, its in my sig too It has 256mb 128 bit memory.

ahh ditch WoW get guild wars, its free, and im living large playing it on a dial up connection on a dimension 2400, decent graphic card though, 256 g force old school PCI style.....

conclusion, guild wars > WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back