Win 7 x64 Explorer & MMC crashes

Since Win10 tried to unsuccessfully load, I've have "virus-type" issues. Explorer won't open when clicking on the advanced system settings or properties. I found that there is a conflict with WinSAT, which I renamed in order to FIANLLY be able to use the restore feature only to find it had been turned off. I renamed both WinSAT.exe and Winatapi.dll to .old files. It worked to allow me access, but I fear it's only temporary workaround. MMC hasn't functioned - it comes up with a snap-in error. Ever heard of this? I'm presently backing up my system which has taken 11 hours so far to get about 40% of it backed up, including an image as per the windows repair/restore steps. My DVD player wiped out, so I couldn't load from it. I just replaced it, only to find the computer could not detect it on start-up....ANY HELP!?!

Can you try to install Windows 7 fresh after formatting the boot drive? Make sure Windows 7 is activated and then try to upgrade to Windows 10 again... If you still can't get past where you are now, you may have a hardware failure. Did you try resetting or upgrading the bios?

I have run SFC multiple times. I don't want Win10 on this computer. It seems that I have a conflict with explorer.exe and Winsat.exe. When winsat is executed, exlporer crashes and reloads.

Can you try to install Windows 7 fresh after formatting the boot drive? Make sure Windows 7 is activated and then try to upgrade to Windows 10 again... If you still can't get past where you are now, you may have a hardware failure. Did you try resetting or upgrading the bios?
...and now?

...and now?
I cannot/do not want to upgrade to 10. I will lose too many of my WIn7 programs that are incompatible with 10. I should mention, when 10 unilaterally decided to install its gigantic it nearly blew up my hard drive. The remaining space in the C: partition wasn't large enough - especially since it did it twice before I stopped it from doing it again. It's been hell ever since...

So what about installing Windows 7 fresh? If the install fails you have a hardware problem. What about a bios update or reset?

Back