Win XP Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area BSOD, Firefox crashes, etc

Hi, I'm running a system on Windows XP Pro Sp 3 (32bit) using intel core2duo e6750 @2.66GHz, crucial ballistix 1gb x2 DDR2, Seagate Barracuda HDD 500 GB and EVGA NVidia geforce 8800 GT 512 mb. Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6 LGA 775 motherboard.

a few weeks ago I first got a BSOD on this setup while the computer was left on overnight idling or downloading a file. windows has been shut down to protect your computer, etc, STOP 0x0000008E PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, as well as 0x00000067, config_initialization_failed after trying to restart. after this the computer performance gradually deteriorated and my antivirus failed, told me I had a trojan of somesort. I restored to an older windows installation image.

now, a few days later, I'm getting the same errors but can so far still boot into windows after a few restarts. I don't see any other signs of a virus. Did full virus scan last night with Symantec endpoint protection 11, no infected files found. I did restore some files from my other harddrive, but I doubt they're infected.

I would attach dump files from the bsod, but I have restarted since and the directory is gone already. will attach if I get another. Thank you!

Also, in the past this computer has has memory problems with these same STOP error bsod's, and we were given a replacement ram unit by crucial. That was about a year ago, and now this. The replaced ram was the same model but a somewhat newer , supposedly "fixed" version from crucial.

EDIT: Added minidump files to second post.

Ok, while running windows I got another BSOD. this time "memory_management" is cited, and the stop error was 0x0000001A (0x000000780, 0xc060BB28, 0x82143A0C, 0x0000004C0).
I booted with a linux live CD in order to post this in case I couldn't get to windows.

here is my minidump folder. (attached)

Attachments

• Minidump.7z
    175.3 KB · Views: 1
Back