Win XP Pro boot menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

mallett

Hi everyone,

I have a problem and I was wondering if you could help?

I went to install windows black onto my PC (which already had windows XP Pro on it)
I had an .iso file of windows black edition which I mounted on a virtual drive (using power iso)
I have been into my boot.ini file and removed the line for the black edition setup (which has now disappeared from the boot menu)

The problem is that the boot menu still appears. However, instead of having the black edition setup listed beneath the "Win XP Pro" one, I have "Windows (Default)" - which if clicked on takes me to windows setup menu and tells me that a file is missing ; press any key to reboot.

I still have to manually select which one to boot from which is annoying!

How do I get my computer to automatically boot from Win XP Pro?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks in advance.

p.s - I have included a pic which might help :)

Attachments

• poo.jpg
    poo.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 5
1) windows black is bascially XP with othe stuff slipstream in so wont work as well

2) when u installed did u run it from ur CD drive wen loaded up or do a complete format n install??

As you seem to have had XP pro on before downgradin to XP Home is worse so i may have kep some of the pro stuff. If i was u do a complete wipe n re-install n that should clear it.

I would hav recommend that you set the defult to the new XP black but lookn at the image the XP home is the only one you got so i dont understand that.

oh where ya get the 50c pic from would love it

hope this helps ya

kimsland, XP Black is a priate copy

Moderator Edit
Sorry no Pirated software can be supported on TechSpot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back