win xp pro: "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
i just saw this eror in my eror log:
"
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000c2 (0x00000007, 0x00000cd4, 0x02430005, 0x886ec9e8). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini010507-01.dmp.
"
(of course after reboot...)

do you have any idea y?

Thanks and "hi i'm new here",
Omri

Hi, I have fixed the problem on my friends PC, and up to now it hasn't crashed ;)

The problem; as with a lot of these crashes, was the RAM, it wasn't faulty or bad it just needed slowing down a little. most memory today has something called SPD built in and it tells the BIOS what settings it should use, but, these are not always the best for the system and you need to tweak them.

The way I did that was to change the CAS Latency from 2.5 clocks to 3 clocks

if you're not sure how to do this give me your motherboard model and i'll have a look at the BIOS for you and give you instructions that you can print out and follow.

As a quick guide... If you go into the BIOS - normally by pressing the Del or Delete Key just after the memory has come up, look for a DRAM setting or SPD that is enabled if it is enabled it means the BIOS is controlling the RAM settings, Disabling this will give you control and should give you more options, look for the CAS LAtency setting and if its 2 or 2.5 drop it to 3 and see how you go

Lee

Have you got two AV programs running, AVG and CA. You should only have one.

The last 3 dumps list Zonealarm as the probable cause.

BugCheck C2, {7, cd4, 206000b, 87dbf290}
Probably caused by : vsdatant.sys ( vsdatant+44741 ) <-- Zonealarm.
Image name: vsdatant.sys Timestamp: Thu Aug 24 13:21:14 2006 (44ED374A)

My motherboard is GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS4...
and i have Zonealarm and AVG working, but in different timing...

Thanks 4 all the help!
Omri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back