Win10 blue screens

I've got a fairly new PC, around 4 months. Everything's been fine except two weeks ago and today I've gotten a blue screen mid gaming/browsing. It's not often but I do want to make sure it's not a larger problem. I will also include the dump file if that helps. If anyone has suggestions I would love to hear them.

P.S I keep the inside clean and nothing should be loose. I also haven't updated anything recently and have use dskchk & sfc /scannow to look for bad files and pathing.

Attachments

• dmp.zip
    331.2 KB · Views: 1
If its only around 4 months old, take it back to where you got it & have them fix it. It is under warranty isn't it???

Hi Here's a free program I use to read dump files. This program will read the dump files for you.
http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed
Here's article by HTG about BSOD. Let us know how things go. Would help to know make and model and OS you are running.
https://www.howtogeek.com/163452/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-blue-screen-of-death/
Welcome to the techspot forum.
What if doing that voids the warranty? If my computer was about 4 months old & doing same, I'd take it back rather than risking voiding any warranty.

I still stand by what I said. If my pc messed up 4 months after I got it, I'd take it back where I bought it. I'm saying no more.

I still stand by what I said. If my pc messed up 4 months after I got it, I'd take it back where I bought it. I'm saying no more.
Hi Friend! I'm not arguing with you. It's not unusual for a PC to BSOD occasionally; even new ones. There can be lots of things that cause BSOD. If the OP thinks the PC is defective, then yes, take it back while it's under warranty;)
@BootInMahSnake said it BSOD while playing a game. What game?

Hi Friend! I'm not arguing with you. It's not unusual for a PC to BSOD occasionally; even new ones. There can be lots of things that cause BSOD. If the OP thinks the PC is defective, then yes, take it back while it's under warranty;)
@BootInMahSnake said it BSOD while playing a game. What game?
My pc is custom built and it's running Win10, it did it during Civ 5 and Dying Light. Once for each.

Hi @BootInMahSnake If you think you have a problem, the first thing I would do is see if there's a update for your graphics driver.
I can only speculate why your PC BSOD. I'm not a gamer, but they are hard on resources. Here's things to check from HTG.
I posted the link in my post above. That's the best I can do for you. Quote taken from HTG article (BSOD) Which I posted before.
Thanks for your;) reply! (y)
  • Use System Restore: If your system recently started blue-screening, use System Restore to roll its system software back to a previous state. If this works, you’ll know that it’s likely a software problem.
  • Scan for Malware: Malware that digs deep into Windows and gets its hooks into the Windows kernel at a low level can cause system instability. Scan your computer for malware to ensure buggy malicious software isn’t causing it to crash.
  • Install Updated Drivers: An incorrectly installed or buggy driver can lead to crashes. Download the latest drivers for your computer’s hardware from your computer manufacturer’s website and install them — this may fix BSODs caused by driver problems.
  • Boot Into Safe Mode: If your computer is blue-screening every time you turn it on, try booting into safe mode. In safe mode, Windows loads only the essential drivers. If a driver you’ve installed is causing Windows to blue screen, it shouldn’t do so in safe mode. You can work on fixing the problem from safe mode.
  • Check for Hardware Problems: Blue screens can be caused by faulty hardware in your computer. Try testing your computer’s memory for errors and checking its temperature to ensure that it isn’t overheating. If that fails, you might need to test other hardware components—or hire a pro to do it for you.
  • Reinstall Windows: Resetting Windows—or performing a clean install—is the nuclear option. It will blow away your existing system software, replacing it with a fresh Windows system. If your computer continues to blue screen after this, you likely have a hardware problem.

In your shoes, I would call the vendor and ask. If they build a good number of the same model, they are likely to know right off hand what might be the trouble.

Back