Win32.Vitro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disturbed88

ok about a month ago i contracted Vitro through a torrent (yes i know i know...) i formatted but got it again via a storage hdd i reconnected once i nuked my system drive. i nuked again and have yet to reconnect my storage drives but what i really need to know is if this nasty piece of work can infect ISO files. i read through a 24 page thread on the official Avast! forums and i dont think it said anything about it infecting ISOs but i want to make sure. the way i see it, it shouldnt be able to as to access an ISO you need Poweriso or such or to mount the image, i read on a different forum that this virus can infect exes inside compressed rars...if anyone can answer this for me you will be saving me ALOT of grief

Disturbed88, if you would like help with malware cleaning, please follow the steps for Virus and Malware Removal HERE.

When through, attach logs for MAlwarebytes and Superantispyware

Paste log for HijackThis.

I'll review the logs for malware entries..

Admittedly, you are a uTorrent user, so I have to give you my speech- it might help you avoid malware in the future:

P2P (person to person) programs are also called 'file sharing' programs.[/color] In earlier computer days, these programs did not have much threat. But as they progressed, so did the dangers of using them. For that reason, we do not permit discussion of this type of program, not do we support it. The exception is to suggest you uninstall and P2P programs for the following reasons:
  • As long as you are using file sharing networks and programs which are from sources that are not documented, you cannot verity that a download is legitimate.
  • Malware writers use these program to include malicious content.
  • Fie sharing is usually unmonitored and there is a danger that your private files might be accessed.
  • The'sharing' also includes malware that the shared system has on it.
  • Files that are illegal can be spread through file sharing.

Please read this information on P2P Warning to help you better understand these dangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back