Win7 BSOD STOP: 0x000000F4

Hello,

I just ran into an issue with my computer getting BSOD and I'm not sure why. The full error is as follows:

*** STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x0000000000000003, 0xFFFFFA800BE41060, 0xFFFFFA800BE41340, 0xFFFFF8000378E660)

I'm able to boot into the computer but not able to do very much. It will BSOD very quickly if I try to do anything more than just look through folders. If left alone it will stay up for a while but eventually it will BSOD even when just sitting at the desktop. I've made no recent changes to the computer hardware wise or software wise. It seems like it's actually freezing during the BSOD as well as it sits there saying it's collecting data for crash dump and initializing disk for crash dump and doesn't go past that and restart on it's own. I checked the Minidump folder and despite multiple crashes there is only one file.

Also the specs of the computer are as follows:
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3
CPU: Intel I5 2500K
Memory: 2 4 GB sticks of Patriot Division 2 Viper Xtreme DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz
Hard Drive: 1TB Western Digital
Video: NVidia GeForce GT240

Let me know if you need anymore information and for anyone that helps I truly appreciate it for I'm at a loss.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    49.8 KB · Views: 20
First, the minidump file was corrupted so it was impossible to read.

Second, your error code is defined as 0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION One of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function. Specific causes are many, and often best resolved by a careful history of the problem and the circumstances of the error message.

Can you boot into Safe Mode and if so does your system remain stable? Also, standard diagnostic procedure would run Memtest on your memory and a hard drive diagnostics. Perhaps a virus scan and/or a Windows repair as well.

Do you know how to run any of these procedures?

Okay thanks. I wasn't able to get a check disk to run from the computer but I found an old UBCD and it was able to load up, took forever though. Point being the check disk is working from there, I'm running it now and will let you know if it works.

It seems like the check disk may have fixed it.

While in the UBCD I tried to defrag the hard drive and in the middle of that it simply disappeared. It wasn't in my computer and didn't show up in command prompt either. When I restarted it was back, but it again vanished while trying to defrag it.

I gave up on doing a defrag and just launched it as the check disk said it fixed several errors and it seems to be working now.

Thanks for your help!

Back up your important data and anything else you really need off the computer, because that hard drive may be on it's way out

Back