Windows 10 anniversary update failure

Hodsocks

I am having issues installing the anniversary update, it hasn't been offered through the normal update process so I have tried several times to download it manually but it fails everytime. The last few times it has got to 83%, blue screened with the message, Page Fault in Non Paged area, restarted and reverted back to previous version of windows. My current Windows 10 is working fine, all drivers are up to date with no errors, I have carried out sfc /scannow before trying the update but still no satisfaction. It happily installed on my older pc without an issue. Have checked for malware but nothing detected.
Anyone any suggestions as to what the issue may be?

You can get it as an ISO file and try to do it that way... I'm not sure how strongly I want to recommend that route though since there appears to be something causing the issues. Are you seeing anything happening around the time it hangs in the Event Viewer (hit Windows key and just start typing event viewer)? That may give us some additional clues.

Anyway if you want to proceed at full speed - https://windows10.help/blogs/entry/...te-iso-files-directly-using-your-web-browser/

I am having issues installing the anniversary update, it hasn't been offered through the normal update process so I have tried several times to download it manually but it fails everytime. The last few times it has got to 83%, blue screened with the message, Page Fault in Non Paged area, restarted and reverted back to previous version of windows. My current Windows 10 is working fine, all drivers are up to date with no errors, I have carried out sfc /scannow before trying the update but still no satisfaction. It happily installed on my older pc without an issue. Have checked for malware but nothing detected.
Anyone any suggestions as to what the issue may be?

Isn't Page Fault in Non Paged error related to RAM? How much ram do you have, maybe you have bad RAM possibly or not enough allocated memory to do the unpack/update? I sometimes feel like Windows Update prefers to use RAM over Temporary HDD space for unpacking. I could be wrong though.

I have 8GB ram and about 80GB space left on the SSD, checked the ram and it seems to be fine.

Back