Windows 10 HDMI audio requires further installation

I have a Wintec Filemate Catalyst 5910 desktop. The HD died and I had no drivers disk with the original Win7 install, so also couldn't get to the recovery partition. Motherboard is Foxconn but I don't know the specifics. It's an i3 with C6 chipset and integrated graphics and AMI BIOS. I'm trying to get audio through the HDMI port rather than the toslink or analog ports. The rest of the audio subsystem is Realtek, and it's up to date and working for either Toslink or analog, but the HDMI audio is dead. Windows 10 installed the driver it thinks is right, but stops with an error that "further installation is required." The event viewer shows this:

Driver Management concluded the process to install driver hdaudio.inf_amd64_04c3e2018e8e6dfd\hdaudio.inf for Device Instance ID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2805&SUBSYS_80860101&REV_1000\4&36D8B89&0&0301 with the following status: 0x0.

This feels wrong to me:
hdaudio.inf_amd64_04c3e2018e8e6dfd\hdaudio.inf
why would it be an amd64 driver?

I've tried to install the Intel integrated graphics driver but their install app says the hardware doesn't meet the requirements. Suggestions?

Back