Windows 7 BSOD Netio.sys

Hello,

Two days ago I bought an dell Inspiron 620.

Only yesterday I got an BSOD, apparently caused by netio.sys. I updated all possible drivers but so far no luck.

I included the minidumps it created so far. Can someone advise what do to fix this problem ?

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    127.7 KB · Views: 16
All five dumps are error 0xD1 which are usually caused by faulty drivers. All errors cite the Windows OS driver netio.sys which has to do with networking/internet connection.

This is a very strong indicator that yopur wireless/lan/NIC drivers need to be updated. Did you update the latest of these drivers for your exact model from Dell's website?

It can also indicate that the NIC card may be failing but usually it is nothing more than a driver issue.

Route44

Thanks for your help and suggestions

I looked at the driver for my network driver Realtek PCIe GBE Family controller, and used dell website for the latest driver, but still it gives BSOD.

Strangely it only happens when i use bittorrent. Can it have to do with that or ?

Any suggestion how to solve the problem? I have updated all possible drivers from the dell website and also went to realtek for the latest network drivers, still no succes

Hi, Route44 is now on vacation.

The problem with Bittorent and any other P2P sites is the very high risk of getting infections. You may be downloading something that has an infection in it. Stop using it for the time being and follow this guide to post an HJT log as it may show what the problem is. Please DO NOT use HJT to make any changes to your system as you may remove something your system needs.

Please download HJT Installer from HERE

• Click the Download button. When the TrendMicro HJT install box appears, double click on the HJTInstall.exe. Click on Install.
    * It will be installed by default here: C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis.
    * A shortcut to the application will also be placed on your Desktop.
    * The program will open automatically after installation.
    * You can double-click the icon that was placed on the Desktop to run subsequent HijackThis scans or you can use the icon inside the folder.
    * The folder HijackThis is where you will find the HJT logs that you save.
    * When you use the application to remove anything, you will also find the backup copies made by HJT inside this folder.
    * The first time you open HijackThis, check the Main Menu button at the bottom center. When the main menu appears check the box "Show this window when I start HijackThis".
    * Click on "Do a system scan and save logfile." When the log pops up in Notepad, copy and paste that file back here as a New Message in this forum.
    * DO NOT have HijackThis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

Back