Windows 7 Enterprise BSOD 0x0000007F

Hello...

I hope you experts can shed some light on this problem I have.
The basics:

Intel Core 2 Quad, 2.4GHz
8 GB Kingston HyperX pc8500 CL 5 (litteraly brand new...!)
500GB Samsung HD321KJ Scsi hd
Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX

I actually thought that the previous memory (Gskill pc6400 cl5) was the problem to all these BSODs, but then it returned today.

I have included 3 latest dmp files for you to look at.

The premises for the crashes are different. Sometimes it's while I play a game (wow), other times I could just be browsing the web, this latest time I was in the process of exporting a 600 mb movie from Adobe Premiere.

I would reckon I get about 1-2 a week.

Small details, before I changed the memory to the new Kingston ones, I would sometimes have to turn on, turn off turn on, turn off the computer for it to fully load all the way to windows.
It would also sometimes hang just before memory check. Then on 2nd attempt, it might not even give an image on the screen, just power up the fan at full speed.
When I finally get to windows login screen it would either just load windows and run flawlessly, or reboot without warning.

This has caused me to never turn it off, I merely log off windows, and turn of the screen to avoid having to reboot 5-10 times to get it running :(

I bought it 2nd hand and it had a rough trip with GLS (*****s), and I'm not 100% sure that the previous owner didn't clock it. But I forgot to ask and he didn't mention it.

Thanks for reading my wall of text. :S

Attachments

• dmp.zip
    79.7 KB · Views: 2
Since changing to Kinston are you still experiencing what you wrote: Small details, before I changed the memory to the new Kingston ones, I would sometimes have to turn on, turn off turn on, turn off the computer for it to fully load all the way to windows.
It would also sometimes hang just before memory check. Then on 2nd attempt, it might not even give an image on the screen, just power up the fan at full speed.
When I finally get to windows login screen it would either just load windows and run flawlessly, or reboot without warning.

Since changing to Kinston are you still experiencing what you wrote: Small details, before I changed the memory to the new Kingston ones, I would sometimes have to turn on, turn off turn on, turn off the computer for it to fully load all the way to windows.

To some degree yes...

Upon the first turn on I first had one long beep. Then I turned it off and on again. It continued to windows, but as it had finished the 4 color dots it rebooted itself. It did this 2 times then I turned it off completely.

I then opened the chassi and made sure I had pressed the memory sticks all the way in. Apparently no. 4 stick could go down one milimeter.
I then turned it on again and it ran flawlessly until here some hours ago where it just went BSOD with the 0x0000007F.

I tried googling and found out that it sometimes could have something to do with faulty registry etc. So I got hold of Registry Mechanic and cleaned up the machine. I rebooted after doing the reg clean, and the reboot went smooth finding all the mem and finishing starting up windows in 35 secs or so.
So far there's been no BSODs, but then again... they come and then stay away for some time and then return without warning.

Keep us updated and if you get more BSODs attach those and I'll read them for you. Both G.Skill and Kingston make excellent memory.

What is the make and wattage of your power supply?

Update:

Ok, after having read your last post, I proceeded to try and turn off the computer completely.
I turned it on agian here some 9 hours later, with the same nagging result.

Now, yesterday before I turned it off, it was up and running with 4 sticks of mem.
When I turned it on now, I got that long beep again. It would repeat itself until I turned off the computer.
I tried a couple of times, but it wasn't until I removed the 4th stick (still brand new) that it would atleast do a memcheck.

After the mem check it got all the way to "starting windows" then it would boot itself. I let it do so 3 times. The 4th time I chose "launch repair" which in turn also would hang. But after having chosen the repair option (without really repairing), then reboot, then choose start normal again.... here I am writing on the forum once again :eek:

I am really confused about all this.

So no BSOD... just wont boot properly still, though I suspect the two are connected somehow. :S

Regarding the power sup.:
Cabinet/PSU: Antec Sonata 3, 500 Watt
Cooler: Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Socket

What is your BIOS, i.e. Phoenix, American megatrends, etc.? That long beep is a BIOS Beep Code pointing you to where the problem lies. Find your BIOS and look up the beep codes for it.

Back