Windows 7 iso

Mark Fuller

Where can I download a windows 7 iso. I purchased a product key but it wont work at the microsoft website. It says something about that I should contact the manufacturer.

Sounds to me, you have an OEM license that has already been used. If so, you can not move an OEM license to different machine. The only reason MS would have in redirecting to manufacturer is for OEM license.

Thats too bad, I bought the license online, is there a license I can buy online that will work. I want to ugrade an old PC in good condition to w10 and you cant go from vista to 10.

If Windows 10 is what you are looking for. Buy a Windows 10 license. You don't have to buy an old license, just because your PC is old. Some say you can still upgrade to Windows 10 for free. But I'm not so sure.

OK, I guess microsoft is the place to get a windows license. I think there is a way to ugrade but I think it is bogus.

If you buy from Microsoft it will be too expensive. eBay will have plenty of W10 options where the seller emails a key and the link needed to download the correct version of Windows 10. Avoid the cheapest sellers and check feedback. It will result in a genuine copy of Windows so nothing to get worried about.

Thats too bad, I bought the license online, is there a license I can buy online that will work. I want to ugrade an old PC in good condition to w10 and you cant go from vista to 10.

Then use Windows 7 key to install Windows 10.

Should still work.

The poster is still on Vista so that's no go. He can install W10 easily and cheaply without going through Windows 7.

Sometimes it’s easier to just cut your losses and look for another quicker and easier way. It’s Mark’s call as it’s his money.

Sometimes it’s easier to just cut your losses and look for another quicker and easier way. It’s Mark’s call as it’s his money.

What could be easier and cheaper than downloading Windows 10 installation media and then install it with Windows 7 key?

The W7 install didn’t work out or that’s what I read earlier. I’m not getting into an argument with you so I’m out.

The W7 install didn’t work out or that’s what I read earlier. I’m not getting into an argument with you so I’m out.

You recommended buying Windows 10 product key and I recommend Windows 10 install with Windows 7 key (that should still work). My option is both faster and cheaper if it works.

Learninmypc has the same solution as cliffordcooley because you have to have w7 or above at either website to create an installation media, and since this old thing is running vista I will have to wait till I can get access to my w10 pc. When I do I will try to get the 7 license to work and if it does I will try to get a refund for the w10 license I already bought.

If you are looking to download Windows 10. You can use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool in the above link. It gives the option to create ISO files, write to USB stick, or burn to DVD. You also have the option to select 32 bit, 64 bit, or both bit versions in the same install media. Just to be clear the option to select both will ask which bit version you want to install during installation.

Back