Windows 7 RTM (not activated) garbled screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xecutor

Hi guys,

I'm completely confused with this: I installed Win 7 RTM 7600 on a VM in virtualbox and after using the VM for a few minutes and sometimes a couple of hours (quite randomly), I get this screen (attached).

I have also included a snapshot of the VM system I am using. Could the Windows itself be a bad version, or can I configure the VM to make windows work.

The transition is from a perfectly normal desktop screen, or from an internet browsing screen to the garbled image you see in the image.

Please help??

PS: This is a non-activated version of Windows 7 RTM build 7600 Ultimate x64 (30-days remaining) & Virtual box additions have been installed as well as MSSE along with spywareblaster, spybot S&D and superantispyware for anti-crapware. No viruses or malware were detected after scans.

Attachments

• Windows 7 RTM - 7600 - VirtualBox VM2.jpg
    Windows 7 RTM - 7600 - VirtualBox VM2.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Windows 7 RTM - 7600 - VirtualBox VM1.jpg
    Windows 7 RTM - 7600 - VirtualBox VM1.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 10
I'm not too familiar with VB or any other non-standard or virtual installations of Win7 but my best guess is that the copy is somehow corrupt. There could be a problem with Win Aero or any number of things wrong with the version you are trying to use. Like I said I've never used VB before so if there's a problem with that I'm afraid I can't help.

You might be better off using the 64-bit RC until you can get your hands on a OEM copy. This whole virtual installation seems like too much of a hassle to me and I will admit I'm not 100% sure I even understand the process. If you have a copy of the OS in a image file, you can burn it to a DVD otherwise I wouldn't bother.

simply seems to me sun virtual box is not yet fully compatible with Win7 - not unexpected at this early point. The screens you show are very typical of a video driver error inside the VB and nothing to do with Win7 or malware. As mictlantecuhtli says, a standard video setting for Win7 is likely to give no trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back