Windows 7/Ubuntu dual boot issue

Havok

Hey everyone, Im really killin' myself over this one. I just recently added Ubuntu 10.04.1 to my Gateway laptop NV53. I set it up so they would be installed side by side, Ubuntu being the one newly installed. It came with Windows 7, and it would give me the choice to select which OS i wanted to load (It gave me the Ubuntu OS, there were two -- and there was the Windows 7, A Vista Loader, and two other load choices those being like partitions on the drive) but now, when I try and boot off the HDD, it says: error: no such partition.
grub rescue>

I dunno what to do and im tearing myself to pieces here, whado I do??:(

You should have got a cheap external HDD to put Ubuntu on, i once had a problem like yours, i couldn't get back into windows after trying to dual boot with Ubuntu. i had to reformat my whole HDD.

Fixed!

Hey, I found a fix! Here is the link, sorry for the panic and thanks for the reply! http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1014708

This allowed me to restart my windows 7 following the commands that they lined out for me. Im glad this hadn't resulted in a complete system refurbish and restart. Thanks again for replying Dustin! :D

Two Partitions

Just as mentioned, there are now two partitions of the HDD, which gives me two virtual drives on the same HDD, just partitioned. I don't see the problem here though. Just a heads up to someone who may end up in the same boat as me.

Back