Windows 8 format or boot option

terry5880

Hi all I bought a acer laptop today windows 8 from cash converters store 2nd hand . and when I got it home it hadnt been wiped it was passworded so I took it back they offered to do it but said it would take few days as they busy or said we can give u £30 compensation to go get it wiped ..so I took the £30 as I know how to do it my self BUT when I turn it on there is no boot option does anyone know how to get to boot menu or what key it is to factory reset it.. I got it for £274.99 then £30 off so what a bargain

Hi all I bought a acer laptop today windows 8 from cash converters store 2nd hand . and when I got it home it hadnt been wiped it was passworded so I took it back they offered to do it but said it would take few days as they busy or said we can give u £30 compensation to go get it wiped ..so I took the £30 as I know how to do it my self BUT when I turn it on there is no boot option does anyone know how to get to boot menu or what key it is to factory reset it.. I got it for £274.99 then £30 off so what a bargain
It must not even have an option for safe mode... interesting. What is the make and model?

Pardon me, but I remember a similiar thread in here recently that got removed because obviously how does anybody know for sure if what you're saying is true? I'm not saying it isn't, but what if?

Pardon me, but I remember a similiar thread in here recently that got removed because obviously how does anybody know for sure if what you're saying is true? I'm not saying it isn't, but what if?
The post seems generic? Bot-like? lol

Laptop should have the license on it. Download a Win 8 dvd that the license is for, install with that key.

learninmypc I don't remember seeing one recently, but I may have just missed it. In this case, it just seems like he bought a laptop and the OS isn't 'fresh' and he doesn't have the password for the user account. In this particular case, I don't think we have enough reason to doubt the legitimacy of the purchase and if it still has the Windows sticker on it, he should be able to just do a clean install of 8 with that key. In fact, since it is Windows 8 there should be a reset this PC option when booting from the DVD or USB media.

Now in the past, we have had a lot of people wanting to know bios passwords for laptops, particularly Dell I believe. We used to help out with that, but over time it began to feel like those were stolen laptops or otherwise not 'clean'. So I believe we stopped providing guidance on that, I think there is a sticky in the Mobile Computing subforum, but I very rarely enter that one so I'm not sure...

Laptop should have the license on it. Download a Win 8 dvd that the license is for, install with that key.

learninmypc I don't remember seeing one recently, but I may have just missed it. In this case, it just seems like he bought a laptop and the OS isn't 'fresh' and he doesn't have the password for the user account. In this particular case, I don't think we have enough reason to doubt the legitimacy of the purchase and if it still has the Windows sticker on it, he should be able to just do a clean install of 8 with that key. In fact, since it is Windows 8 there should be a reset this PC option when booting from the DVD or USB media.

Now in the past, we have had a lot of people wanting to know bios passwords for laptops, particularly Dell I believe. We used to help out with that, but over time it began to feel like those were stolen laptops or otherwise not 'clean'. So I believe we stopped providing guidance on that, I think there is a sticky in the Mobile Computing subforum, but I very rarely enter that one so I'm not sure...
I replied to this earlier but must of forgot to click the "Post Reply" button.
The post/thread I was referring to had to do with an iPhone. Although the link don't work, here it is
https://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-unlock-an-iphone.189860/#post-1277948

somebody replied saying "Moderator note: OP asks his question, yet his signature promotes the answer. Spammer."
It was on or around 02/14. I'll shut up now :)

Maybe for the *****s that want to doubt people if u got nothing good to say dont reply on my threads I bought the laptop from cash converters if u have ever bought anything from there u would know most of there stuff they buy 2nd hand from pll and if they for get to take the passwords then the laptop goes out as is but coz of trading standard laws they can only sell as spairs or repair .. so look up ur facts 1st also I took it back and got them to reformat it as I had receipt

Maybe for the *****s that want to doubt people if u got nothing good to say dont reply on my threads I bought the laptop from cash converters if u have ever bought anything from there u would know most of there stuff they buy 2nd hand from pll and if they for get to take the passwords then the laptop goes out as is but coz of trading standard laws they can only sell as spairs or repair .. so look up ur facts 1st also I took it back and got them to reformat it as I had receipt
Sorry, meant no harm. I've been in forums that would not help in such a case fearing the poster might be trying to hack a pc.
I wish you well,glad you got it taken care of.(y)

Back