Windows Active directory shared folders permission problems

Hi. This is my first post here, so sorry for any formatting oddities. I am the new IT tech at my job and the techs above me do not know what is happening either.
I am currently trying to give access to a shared folder to a user in my organization. The shared folder is called marketing and the group of users who have access to said shared folder is also called marketing.

So, the users who are currently in the group have access to the shared drive on their computers with no problems. When I try to add a new user to that group, they are added in, but do not get permissions to view the group.

I added myself as a user to the shared drive and was able to access the drive no problem, but I took myself out and re added myself to the group and, again, no access.

There are no explicit deny permissions for this shared drive.

Does anyone have any thoughts?
Thank you in advance!

You are adding the group to the folder correct, not the individual users? Also make sure you give the changes time to replicate across the network depending on how your domain is set up.

You are adding the group to the folder correct, not the individual users? Also make sure you give the changes time to replicate across the network depending on how your domain is set up.
After days of working on the problem, it turns out the user never signed out and back in like I told them to. I just give my sers too much credit *sigh* Thank you for your response!

Back