Windows Boot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all I am new to this forum .
I have a problme and need some help. When I go to boot my system up this is what happens.
I enter my password and the next screen that comes up is the windows background screen. No Icons, nothing else. I am Running an AMD 65 with Windows xp pro. 1 gig of ram and 2 400 Gig raid system.

I use this system to do DJ work and I am afraid that I may have lost everything. that is just under 400 gig of music can someone please help...

Thank you

Best to try next is to see if you can boot up in Safe Mode.

Safe Mode starts with the minimum number of things running possible for boot (so for example if the problem is caused by one of the programs in normal startup but not safe mode startup it will boot and you can have access to your files. )

Shut down the machine
Immediately on hitting powerup button start tapping the F8 key like once a second
You see the first boot up screen as usual (and you should be tapping all through it)
You should NOT see the Windows XP screen next
Instead you should see a screen with several lines of startup options
Move the up/down arrows to highlight Safe Mode with Networking
Hit Enter
Hopefully it boots in safe mode

You can then choose if you want to do anything with your files
You may also choose a System Restore to see if selecting a restore point before the problem started helps fix it
You may choose to use the msconfig utility to control what starts up at normal boot to stop whatever is intefering with the process. See this link http://www.netsquirrel.com/msconfig/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back