Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. you may not have appropriat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

when i try to open a .exe file i get this message :Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. you may not have appropriate permission to acces the item"

Im usin Win XP pro. and i shut down AV.

I have downloaded and opened before without problems but now...
I have no problems with other . exe files.

Please help me
Thanks

and i shut down AV.
Why? Not a good thing to do!

It is possible the file is corrupt and cannot be opened. Or it's possible you are not the Administrator and the file require Administrative rights. If you have a network set up with another computer, it's possible this isn't set to 'share'.

You say you have :
I have downloaded and opened before without problems but now...
I have no problems with other . exe files.
Have you ever opened this particular file?
What is the source of the file?
Where is the file located?> on your system? in an attachment?
What is it suppose to 'execute? The purpose of this type of file is not to 'open it' but rather to have it perform the function it is set up to do.

What is an executable file extension? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EXE

Yes, i have opened before this particular file.
the file is dowoaded from a web page, or bit torrent and i shut down av because it is recognised like trojan. I fact it is a keylogger. (trial version) and i want to install to my pc for review.
the file is downloaded on desktop.
I am the administrator and have not a network set up with another computer. The same problem to another my pc. In Safe Mode it's ok , i can run the file.

Thanks

Win Xp pro SP3 , NOD32 , Outpost firewall pro.

the file is dowoaded from a web page, or bit torrent and i shut down av because it is recognised like trojan. I fact it is a keylogger. (trial version) and i want to install to my pc for review.
the file is downloaded on desktop.
Now I am confused! You want to run a keylogger from the setup but it is indicating that it is a Trojan? And you're not sure the source of the file?

You are asking for trouble here. IF you got it from a file sharing site like Bit Torrent, it is likely to include more than just the executable. I suggest you do a right click on the saved file on the desktop and let your antivirus scan it.

You are going to have t give me more specific information about this file, exactly what you are trying to do, the name of the keylogger, where you got the file if you want any more assistance.

You have a antivirus program to protect your system. Shutting it down because it tells you that a file is a Trojan is NOT what should be done.

Yes, i want to run a keylogger. i downloaded from the home page ( blazingtools.com/bpk.html ) I shut down AV because even it's a commercial software most of AV block...
from the Bit torrent i just get the seriaI.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back