Windows crashes, reading .dmp

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZvista

Hello Tech Spot gurus, could you please help me.

I have been getting crashes every 10 days, (BSoDs) and im wondering what is going wrong with my computer.

Im currently running Vista Home Premium x32bit

I have run the windows memory diagnostic and have no memory issues.

The normal infomation given to me is

Mini100408-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

Unfortunately I cannot link the .dmp file as it is too large :(

Could someone tell me how to use the windows debug tool to read this, or allow me to send it to them so they can look over it.

I am fairly desperate, and am growing in concern :(

NZvista

Thanks, have uploaded the .dmp now.

Note, its preferenced to open with windbg because thats how i thought i could view it, sorry

h t t p : / / w w w . s a v e f i l e .c o m / f i l e s / 1 8 2 2 0 8 8

Any help would be much appreciated.

BugCheck C0000218, {9028cc58, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe
PROCESS_NAME: System
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000218 - {Registry File Failure}
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

Very general !

BugCheck C0000218: Unhandled exceptions in kernel mode, IRQL contract violation, pool corruption and hardware failures.

Suggest you run a Checkdisk on your system

Also confirm all Drivers are up to date
Possibly detach any newly installed (or not required) Hardware

Then wait to see if you get anymore Minidumps

Note, its preferenced to open with windbg.
:) Thanks for your help

Hi, have run the check disk...

However, i left the room and it finished and rebooted without me meaning that i could not view the results.

Is their anyway i can view these without running it again?

How to view event details in Windows Vista

• Click Start
    VistaStartButton.jpg
    , type eventvwr.exe in the search box, and then double-click Event Viewer under Programs.
  • In the console tree, expand Windows Logs, and then select Application.
  • In the details pane, double-click the event that you want to view.

Hi, confused NZvista again... ;(

So ive gone into event log/windows logs/ aplication

And its given me over 12,911 events.. I knwo that because i dont clear it/refresh it.

But under todays date, i cant find what might be the systems check, do you know its reference code? (source/ID)

Thanks

No

But if you look at the date (as you said) and then the time, it should narrow it down to only a few.

I agree ChechDisk log entries aren't fantastic

It's in Application Events look for Wininit in the Source Column

Thanks so much Kimsland, the "winnit" reference found it straight away

"Windows has checked the file system and found no problems."

Not sure where that leaves us (me), looks like my problems are still as vague as always.

If it crahses again, which, considering past experience will, I will try to seek further help.

Have used the program "driver detective" and found out which drivers where out of date, Have updated all of them from the various manufacture websites.

Thanks again, NZvista

Ok, i have edited my system specs to the best I can.

Would it help if I went into the problem reports and sulutions section of vista, and get the infomation on my previous crash?

It keeps the normal

Mini092708-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

But has different BCC codes,

Would this be usefull/related or no good?

Please press the GO button, to update all your Asus drivers

Some Service Pack (SP) will pop out a warning message in your default browser, under the address bar
Click on the message "Install ActiveX Control" to continue the installation.

Hi, have clicked the go button and had the yellow drop down pop up, unfortunately once i clicked install activex control the page refreshed and then did nothing.

Has it secretly installed?

Some computers do have an issue with this new button from Asus
You should actually press the Go button again, and hopefully it will then give all your details, please try this first.

Otherwise here's another (the original button from them (slightly different link)
Please press the green button, to update all your drivers

Sorry, it seems you must do this twice, once here, then when you get to Asus support, click it again. This button uses JavaScript (which is enabled by default on most browsers)

Seems like the ASUS site hates me.

Have followed your new (old version) link to no success. I am unsure as to what "you must do this twice" means.

Is there anyway I can just manually download the drivers? If so, what drivers should i be looking for? I have the latest realtek sound driver aswell as the latest graphics card driver.

Thanks

Yes if it's a proprietory case (from Asus) the Model number should be written on it some where

Otherwise you may need to read it directly off the Motherboard (being printed on there somewhere)

Actually if you use the System Specs link program again, I believe it tells you what model you have.

I think I might stop posting those buttons!

Yes we are going to find your Motherboard's (or computer's) actual Support page at Asus (with Drivers; Bios; Manual and probably a pic of your computer)

OK, ive went through the downloads page, under mother boards filled out my details ie: M3A mother board.
Has come up with the following

31 files found

BIOS (8) [BIOS History]

BIOS-Utilities (3)

Chipset (1)

AUDIO (2)

LAN (4)

Utilities (7)

Manual (6)

I feel like an autistic snail getting dragged along by a ferari..

Except from using driver doctor, which says that all my drivers are up to date I have no idea how to check for that.

Is there a way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back