Windows Explorer issue

So, this just recently started up after I just did a recently fresh install of windows 7 (Little over a month now). I got myself a nice 230 GB SSD for my operating system and games which are on separate partitions within the drive. I used my 1TB standard HDD for the storage and what not, but my issue is that when im accessing the files within it through windows explorer it starts to get seriously sluggish and eventually starts to no longer respond, then after waiting for like 5 minutes everything comes back to life. This is also affecting everything else I'm doing (Skype, Chrome, Steam etc.) it all just seizes up. I have my pictures, music and everything else that isn't related to my games within that HDD so from what I have tried nothing is seeming to work. It even does this to windows media player.

Current system specs are;
Operating system: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (Service Pack 1)
RAM: 8 GB
Processor: AMD 955 Black Edition 3.2 gHz x4
Motherboard: asus m4a89gtd pro
GPU: ATI 5830 HD
SSD: Corsair Force GS ATA
HDD: Hitachi HDS721010CLA332

What I have already tried on the drive (Hitachi Drive):
1. Error Checking
2. Defrag
3. Read/Write Specifications in the Bios (Currently at Multi-Word DMA Mode 2)
4. Partitions are healthy
5. Checked for outdated drivers (All good there)
6. Made sure my power management wasn't shutting it off and it was so I fixed that already
7. Switched it over to a higher SATA port on the mother board

So uhhh im kinda at a loss here with this =I
If I could please get some help on this its been plaguing me for a while now and its not halting my computer from functioning but its certainly slowing it down when ever I ONLY browse files within there. If you need more information I'd be happy to supply you with it.

Check to see if there is a firmware update for the SSD. Is the SSD set as AHCI or (RAID) in the bios? Is it on a SATA 3 port? Did you have this slowdown issue before installing the SSD? Is there a bios update for the motherboard?

Its not the SSD thats acting up, its the Standard HDD and I was actually looking into a BIOS update for my motherboard next and yes its on one of my 6 GB/s sata 3 ports and as I stated before this has only started to happen after I have had windows on the SSD and using the Standard HDD for storage

Edit:
Also I discovered that this seems to be effecting any interaction with the data on the disk which leads me to believe this is a Read/Write issue or there is a problem with communication to the drive.

Yet another update:
Updated the Bios to the latest version and its still acting up, also here is a screenshot of my partition layout I also checked for a Firmware update on the SSD but there was nothing there. I was curious about the 100MB system portion thats on my 1TB Hitachi Drive if that might have something to do with it.gdggdfhcfgh.png

The 100MB partition is created by Windows during a format, and this is normal. Disconnect the Hitachi and see if things stabilize

Well I do thank you for the aid but I had a hunch and did a 3rd party HDD scan on it and it turns out that the read head is going bad so problem solved the drive is going bad thanks for the help much appreciated.

Back