Windows Movie Maker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liva

Hey!
I've been fighting with this for about a week. I've made a project with wmv files and one wma file in it. The video files are cut out of another movie, also an avi file. But every time I try to save it in my computer it just crashes and won't let me to save it. All the files and required space is available. And I don't know what to do. I've tried everything, including converting those video files and even downloading another service pack and something called codec pack, but now I've restored it all how it was, because nothing helped. Could any one tell me what could be the problem? Why can't I save the project as a movie in my computer? Or maybe there's another way to do it or program where I could make my movie.

Thanks!

Liva

I'm no expert as I was struggleing with a project of my own before the holidays of joining 30 clips of 45 seconds each & it would just sit there & do nothing but maybe I was just not waiting long enough, anyway I put it on the back burner for now but will give it another try later, by starting it before I go to bed & see what comes up when I get up.

However if you read the documentation I beleive it says that you cannot mix & match ie. you cannot combine differnt formats, in other words it has to be all WMV or AVI or MPEG!!

Hope this helps & I didn't stick my foot in it :)

It does, really?
Well, I took the WMA file out, so there were only "Windows Media Audio/Video" files.
It won't let me save it anyway.
I mean, what the Hell is wrong with it?

Open IE and unter Tools at the top select Windows update and run it. Look in all programs too. Are you running Vista or XP?

I got it. Everything is OK. I re-converted all the video files in mpeg-4 V-2 format and everything worked. Thanks!
:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back