Windows start up error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
Ive decided to register here as I have been having trouble with a start up error and I have no clue as to what could be causing it. I had one about 2 or 3 months ago but I thought id fixed that by doing a windows start up repair and things where fine ever since, except it seems to have come back. I was wondering if anyone could help me identify what is causing this problem. I have uploaded the dump file.

I am running:
Windows Vista HP SP1
Intel Q6600 G0 at stock speed
Nvidia 8800GT stock speed (latest drivers)
3GB Corsair 667mhz DDR2 3x1GB
and a 650W PSU
Unsure of motherboard as it is a Dell E520

Thanks
Mike

Attachments

• Mini110308-01.zip
    18.1 KB · Views: 6
Sorry, but at last count, Windows had roughly 1001 possible start-up errors, what precisely is the one you are getting? Also your minidump is not a valid zip file and cannot be opened.

Hi
Thanks for the replies, all my drivers are up to date and all windows updates are installed, in regard to the 1st reply i have checked through the Event Viewer and found this, i don't know if this is what you mean though as i am new to all this stop codes & bug checking stuff :eek:.
"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a (0x000082bc, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x8244657c). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP."
Ive uploaded the content from the dump file in a text file in case some are having trouble opening the zip.

Thanks
Mike

Some excellent info here on Bugcheck A : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms793589.aspx
Here is a diagram exploring the process of Bugcheck A : http://www.dumpanalysis.org/blog/index.php/2007/03/06/bugchecks-depicted-irql_not_less_or_equal/

As this may be a hardware conflict, please remove any newly installed hardware
MS option was to use "Last known good configuration"

Either two drivers are conflicting together (and this includes some Antivirus programs such as Norton, or Firewall programs such as ZoneAlarm or virtual software such as Daemon Tools)

I hope this helps you to analyse your issue

Thanks for the info kimsland,
I will try the last know configuration, but the thing that makes this worse is the blue screen does not appear everytime the computer boots, sometimes it can be weeks before it appears again. I have searched through the event viewer and managed to find an error message, not a stop code, but an error message saying;
"The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
ATITool, mfehidk."
However i checked the event viewer today and this is an entry on todays list, but i received no blue screen, and i have had no ATi software on my PC in 2 years, i presume this is a trace left in the registry and i will have to dig to find to see if it makes a difference. :suspiciou

Thanks again :grinthumb

Mike

1. Uninstall the ATI drivers from Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel of Windows. (if present)
2. Restart the computer.
3. Run Driver Sweeper*, select the drivers that you have uninstalled and click Clean button.
4. Install the new drivers. (if required)

* For Windows Vista users, please run Driver Sweeper in administrator mode.
Right mouse click Driver Sweeper shortcut and click Run as administrator.

To download and install Driver Sweeper, please click HERE. (direct link)
Save DriverSweeper_1.5.5-setup-[Guru3D.com].exe file on the hard disk.
Run DriverSweeper_1.5.5-setup-[Guru3D.com].exe.

Thanks for that, i have removed all traces of the Ati Driver, hopefully this is the solution to the problem

Thanks alot for your help
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back