Windows start up takes forever to load network

Xclusiveitalian

I'm running windows 7 64 and whenever I start up my laptop windows 7 takes forever to load my network. You can see it doing that loading symbol over where the white bars would be on the bottom right of the task bar. Idk why it does this but I think it has something to do with windows gadget taking long to load as-well because ever since this started, so has windows gadgets taking forever to load. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this because it takes around 2 min to connect.

Try doing a clean boot start to see if you can troubleshoot the problem to a particular startup that may be causing your problem

/* EDIT */
p.s. Also check your Windows Explorer options. I think there's an option telling Windows not to search for network drives on startup which can sometimes slows things down when it does do that search. And if you have any old network drives still assigned but no longer in use remove them from Explorer

Click the Windows button and type: eventvwr.msc in the search box. Open it up when it shows up in the start menu and check out the System and Application error logs. This should give you more clues.

It's probably a system service hanging up. For example, I've seen an identical problem caused by Intuit's Quickbooks updater service. Disabling the service from: services.msc fixed the issue in that case. I've observed this with other programs too (Norton Internet Security comes to mind).

I'm sure there are other possible reasons, but it may be worth considering such things as well.

Grr it didn't work, i believe there are old drivers assigned somewhere because i downloaded a couple a few times for updates, etc. I couldn't find them though. Im going to try a system restore by putting in my windows 7 disc and doing a clean install.

I found this under system (warning) Process **\MCSVHOST.EXE pid (2428) contains signed but untrusted code, but was allowed to perform a privileged operation with a McAfee driver. Maybe that has something to do with it? Im right now disabling everything under services again but i dont think it will help bc i tried it already

Back