rlyeh

My system is
Gigabyte p35 mobo
Core2Quad 6600
4GB RAM
8800 GT
Audigy 2
Vista 64 SP1 Ultimate

Im getting random blue screens, mainly with IRQL less or equal, km.sys, portcls.sys, Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area errors.
Ill attach some minidumps, have tons of them.

I have a friend, who insist its a power supply problem, i have 400W one.

PLZPLZPLZ help me.

I just saw your post. One of the reasons you may not have received an answer sooner is because you zipped every minidump individually. You can Zip up 5 together. ;)

Anyway, some dumps cite Windows drivers which are too general to be of much help. Two dumps however di d cite two drivers of interest.

The first is kl1.sys and this belongs to kaspersky and from what i have been able to research this is a main kernel driver.

The second is LV561AV.SYS which is a Logitech Video cam driver. You are the second person within an hour that has had this driver show up running Vista. Logitech makes good products.

I suggest updating both and see if that helps and let us know of the results.

Thanks for the answer Route.

Actually i dont own logitech webcam ) just genius webcam. And blue screens happens even when its not connected. Also, they happen when kaspersky is closed.
What i did, i disconnected my DVD-RW and 2 days 0 BSODs, so i guess its my power supply after all :(

What is your PSU make and how much wattage? Also, drivers can attempt to engage even when the device is not connected because they are still in your system. The same goes with Kaspersky.

Perhaps it was your drives, but two makes it doubtful, still stranger things have happened.

First, did you reconnect your DVD-RW and get this BSOD or this another one even with your drive detached?

Second, I went and researched again the driver LV561AV.SYS and everything I can find is that this is a Logitech video Cam driver. Yet you don't have a Logitech Cam!

Try this: Go to MajorGeeks.com and download ReCleaner. Under their Uninstall Tab. Is there anything listed as Logitech. I would also use your search function and search for Logitech.

By the way, do your have Daemon Tools installed? Your last minisdump was an 0xD1 error and these are caused by faulty drivers or buggy software. While it didn't cite the driver sptd.sys as the cause it did note it was unable to load and this is a Daemon Tools emulator driver.

The driver cited is a Windows one: usbechi.sys and it's needed to run USB Host Controllers, particularly USB 2.0.

I got it with my cdrw detached...
and yes, i have daemon tools running all the time..
Route, again, big thanks for answering here.. these BSODs are driving me crazy.
Gonna try Recleaner today.
What is very strange that i didnt get a single BSOD for 2-3 days, then yesterday had 4 of them :(

There are people that get BSODs with Daemon Tools thus my question. It was notdirectly cited but it certainly was present in the minidump. Try uninstalling this software. Do you get BSODs?

Can you recall if you were doing anything specifically when those 4 BSODs occured?

By the way it's RegCleaner. I accidently left out the "g." Sorry! :(

well got one just few minutes ago, daemon tools was closed, not uninstalled.
nothing special.. everquest 2, ventrilo, browser..
every day

Here is latest dump...

Your error is 0x3B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

Cause
This error has been linked to excessive paged pool usage and may occur due to user-mode graphics drivers crossing over and passing bad data to the kernel code.

The driver cited is, again, kl1.sys which is a Kaspersky driver. I reread your posts and I didn't catch something you said earlier and that is you are getting the BSODs even with Kaspersky shut-down

Here is the thing: Kaspersky never fully shuts down because it is a resident protection software and the drivers are still working in the background, just not engaged. Many times people will unstall their old antivirus and install a new one but then get BSODs only to discover some of the old antivirus drivers were still present and still trying to "work."

Uninstall Kaspersky and make sure it is fully uninstalled. Do you gain stability?

Also, uninstall Daemon Tools. What are the results?

Error code 0x1E:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
The Windows kernel detected an illegal or unknown processor instruction. A Stop 0x1E condition can be caused by invalid memory and access violations similar to those that generate Stop 0xA errors.

So... 0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Typically due to a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or software. Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was too high. (A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own.)

The driver cited is a Vista OS called tdx.sys. From what I can gather this error with tdx.sys can be caused by antivirus software, NIC drivers, or legacy network drivers. A driver verifier may be in order.

* By the way, I forgot to mention that the driver avp.exe was in the mix with the previous 0x3B error. This, too, belongs to Kaspersky.

thanks for the reply Route.
I uninstalled kasper, and swapped it for symantec corporate 64 antivirus. also uninstalled daemon tools.
So far (4 hours) no BSODs, will report if there any..

Great! Glad to hear you've gotten stability. This is why I like using minidumps. They contain valuable information.

I am suprised at Kaspersky because that is one of the best but even the best have issues and certainly Kaspersky kept being in the mix.

Thanks for getting back to us because this information is always helpful. if you get any more problems let us know.

im not sure yet, that i got rid of the BSODs actually. As i stated before, i had stability for 3 days before they returned. Anyway, i keep my fingers crossed, and will sure let you know about news.

Thanks again.

after 2 days of stability i again got BSOD :( Kasper uninstalled, daemot tools too.
Minidump in attach.

This one is easy! Your error is a 0xD1 and these are caused by either a faulty driver or buggy software.

The driver specifically cited is ha10kx2k.sys which is a Creative driver for their sound cards. Update your sound card drivers.

I don't know if the following pertains to you but this file has been known to cause BSODs when using dual cpu's. It happens when both cpus access the driver at the same time. If you are playing a game like WOW or EVE try changing your settings so that the game only uses 1 cpu. to do this press CTRL+ALT+DEL and in processes go to your game exe like wow.exe right click then set affinity and untick the second cpu.

Thanks for the reply!!!
Ill keep you informed!, im playing EQ2, and multicpu support is disabled ingame.

Your error is 0xA and these are strong indicators of hardware issues but also drivers attempting to "use" a higher IRQ Level they have no right to.

It listed as the probable cause a core Windows driver which is too general to be of much help.

However, in the dump the LCDmedia.exe was the process noted. This executable belongs to the process Logitech G-series Media Display belonging to the software Logitech G-series Keyboard or Logitech G15 Keyboard or LCD Software or Logitech Z-series Software.

Very much a part of Logitech keyboards.

Any of this strike a bell? Perhaps uninstalling and reinstalling the software might do the trick.

* let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back