Windows Vista BSOD

rmhughes0711

I have a Dell 1545 running Windows Vista and am being barraged with BSOD. It typically happens when I am trying to install Windows Updates. When it reboots, it will display a message saying that it can't find a bootable hard drive. I can then power it off and back on and it will boot fine. I have run a chkdsk /F on the hard drive and it reports clean. I have a feeling I may have some corrupt drivers but am at a loss on how to capture the dump file and then make sense of it.

Techspot has helped me in the past and I hope they can help me again. Please let me know what additional info I need to provide. Thanking you in advance!!

Can you eventually boot to the desktop? If so, back up everything important and please do the following...

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Your error code is 0x0000009F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
A driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.

The driver cited as your culprit is the Intel Graphics Accelerator Driver igdkmd64.sys. Go to Dell's website, find your exact model and update the latest graphics/video drivers available.

Back