Windows Vista - Is it known for problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickM

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to read this post.
For a Christmas gift I purchased an HP laptop for my wife.
I purchased a Toshiba Qosmio G50 laptop sometime in January 2009 for myself.
For years I have always built my own computer systems for myself,wife and friends.
Installed the O.S. and various programs loaded the drivers for various peripherals and all would be fine....no problems at all.

I was a little "gun shy" purchasing the two laptops not knowing if I was going to get into headaches (IRQ Conflicts, overheating,OS problems etc.)
I purchased both laptops from Best Buy,,,paid and additional $60.00 for each laptop for system optimization and recovery disks.

The HP laptop would at times just hang and a spinning wheel next to the cursor would spin on and on,,,then the screen would turn a hazed white with "No Cursor" just a constant small spinning wheel and the computer was locked up. The only way out was to press the off button.

Soon my Toshiba Qosmio G55 was following the same identical path as the HP's problems.
At one point the Toshiba Qosmio was getting the "Blue Screen" of death at shutdown. So far the HP never had the blue screen of death problem.

At times a boot-up I would get a message "Windows Explorer has shut down or not working properly" and the screen would remain "Black".
I downloaded Firefox and ran it on my Toshiba and it seemed better but there are still problems with frozen screens.

Yesterday I left my laptop on for quite some time and it locked up. I noticed the clock "Gadget" was not working and it was stuck 3 hours back in time.

Both laptops are running "Windows Vista Home Premium" Both are only a little over 7 months old. Both are doing the same identical thing pertaining to screen lockup's.

I am thinking the Vista O.S. is the problem and that is why Windows 7 suddenly appeared on the shelves. I have heard rumors that Vista is loaded with problems.
It would be a shame to purchase and install Windows 7 and still have the same problems.

Any information as to what you feel is the problem is or how to correct it would be very much appreciated.
This is getting pretty annoying to say the least.
Thank you;
Rick

Your problem seems more to do with malware, as well as the bloatware that usually comes pre-installed with most laptops.

I would recommend reading the stickies in the Virus & Malware Removal forum (indicated by threads that have a blue pin\thumbtack symbol at the end of the name). Click here for a link to the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back