Windows Vista SP1 vs. Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

greatman05

Hello. I'm having trouble on deciding which one is better. They seem to be the same to me, but I've read about some drivers that work in Vista not working in Windows 7. So, again, which one is better in terms of (separately):

Compatibility

Performance

Overall Usage

Thank you for your time.

P.S. I'm only looking at the 32-bit version. For my needs, a 64-bit OS isn't really going to help much.

Windows 7 is a great all round improvement on Vista.
Most things that work on Vista Will work fine on Windows 7

Windows 7 performance is marginally better and more stable than Vista.
The overall ease of use and features of Windows 7 is Definately better than Vista.

you state "Vista sp1", Well if you install Service pack 2 on vista you will notice greatly improved performance.

ive used both sp2 vista and win7 pro and there is not a whole lot of diff between the two, but to be fair it was a 32 bit of 7 and now that i upgraded my hardware im using 64 bit vista.

Find out if the hardware you will be using works in Windows 7. If it does there is no reason to get Vista. Thats like buying Win 98 instead of Win 98 SE - its pretty pointless.

Hi,
Windows 7 is best as a Compatibility, Performance and Overall Usage. Windows 7 is just a combination of Windows-XP and Windows Vista. It looks like Vista and work like XP. Windows 7 includes a number of new features, such as advances in touch and handwriting recognition, support for virtual hard disks, improved performance on multi-core processors, improved boot performance, Direct Access, and kernel improvements. The taskbar has seen the biggest visual changes. One of the biggest new features makes Windows Media Player useful again: you can now stream media files from one Windows 7 computer to another, across the Internet and out of network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back