Windows XP blue screen of death

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Dell laptop latitude and have the blue screen of death as I have found on the web it is called. I can't seem to find the error by searching on the web that I have on my computer.

I have the following error:

STOP: 0x0000007e (0xc00000005, 0x805d2018, 0xf9e513e4, 0xf9e510e0)

I read where a lot of the errors say something after but mine does not.

I joined to post this question and started reading all the things you guys have about it and still cannot find any info on my problem. I have followed links to a few different sites like the aumha site and micosoft's site and still can't find anything on what my LT is doing exactly.

Every time I start my computer it just goes to the blue screen. Even if I try to start in safe mode or anything like that.

If this helps I did fall asleep and left it on one night so it's possible that if could have overheated? I don't know.

Thanks to any help in advance!!

0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues.

* Do you have a friend with some system/tech knowledge? If so, take your harddrive out, slave it into his/her system and let them run a harddrive diagnostics on it as well as security scans.

* We're checking for both disk integrity as well as for infections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back