Winrar selective extraction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synoptic

Hello.

Today I downloaded a 4GB rar archive with many files.

The problem is I only need 1 file from that 4GB archive and when I try to extract it, winrar goes over the whole archive, skipping the rest of the files.

It's a 4GB archive and I have to wait a lot for winrar to skip the rest and continue to the extraction of the file I selected. (ancient PC)

How can I extract that single file without having to wait the skip of the rest of the files?

Or maybe is there an alternative program to winrar which does this?

Thanks in advance.

PS: Tried WinZip but to no avail.

I just double click on the WinRAR archive, then select the one file to extract
But true, I have never done this on a huge 4Gig Rar file, I'm positive it would be slow (on any tool used)

Don't suppose you want to state what the file/program is?
I feel at that size it would have been better packed as an ISO

It's a collection of games. (Touhou)

And from that huge archive I only need a 5 MB file.

Accidentally deleted the already extracted one and now I need to extract that file again from the huge archive.

The archive contains a total of 5.9k files.

lol :D

Well keep persisting, I'm on XP with 2 Gig of Ram, I'd say it would be hard to extract that on my PC as well
You could try Safe Mode, because at least then all the extra services and even your Antivirus won't be scanning every single file ;)

Ugh...

Well thanks anyway :D

I guess I'll just wait half an hour to get it over with. @.@

Thread to close pl0x.

I believe that in Winrar on a Windows xp system you can double click the file which will open the .rar container and allow you to click the one file then choose to extract that one file. If not download and use 7-zip. I works that way and it seems to work better in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back