WinVista Disk Overloaded

NetCablesPlus

Hi,

I have an old WinVista laptop with a 40Gb C: drive and a 40 Gb D: drive. The C: drive is full but for about 650Mb of space. I have not added a program or file to the drive in over a year because the disk was filling up. I moved all of my data files to the D: drive. There are not any programs that I can uninstall from the C: drive (do not want to lose them and they would not free up that much space, anyway.) Up until I recently, I could use Windows Disk Clean Up and by removing all files it found plus all but the most recent System Restore file, it would typically free up 3-4Gb which would last for a week or more. Now, however, it does not clear up more than 300Mb and I am doing it daily. About the only change being made to the laptop are Windows updates, as far as I can tell. I have Kaspersky antivirus and run it religiously, so I do not believe that I have malware.

So, my question is whether there is a better, more powerful tool to clean up my disk and make more space? Or do you have any other suggestions as to how I can solve this issue?

Back