Wireless connection say connected but can't browse Internet

terry5880

Hi all my laptop is toshiba satelite pro it has vista on it and i connect to my router wirelessly but then turn off take it out with me but then try to connect wifi in shop says connected but no internet when opening internet explorer . keeps doing it please help

vista: google for Disable IPv6 and use the FixiT to disable ALL

reboot and reconnect to YOUR Lan router

now get a command prompt (start->run->cmd) and enter ipconfig /all >myTcp.txt

come back here and follow-up with the contents of myTcp.txt and report your status

thanks jo i will do that is that the reason i can connect wireless at home but then when i take it out and it says ive connected to someone but web browser dont open is it just a setting

it is usually a DNS issue, but IPv6 gets in the way . . .

2ndly: Make sure at home you create a PRIVATE lan connection and at a hotspot, you use PUBLIC

thanks jo for quick reply great thank you thought it was that because i flushed dnh released ip and renewed before and it worked so knew that sort of prob thanks again for quick reply

don't mind-read; my suggestion is from experience. IPv6 is useless for home users
so get that out of your way.
Then we can look at what your router is doing and guide you to using Hotspot WiFi connections :)

yea m8 thats the main thing as connect to my routwer at home fine every time just when i go out try to connect to open hotspots it says connected but when open i,e i get no internet

Back