Wireless sender with VGA and SCART inputs: does such a thing exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! I would really appreciate if anyone could help me with my problem. I have been trawling the net for hours to try to find a solution but as I am pretty much (well, competely) clueless about anything techy, I haven't been able to find a solution!

I have a Dell Dimension 3100 (only has VGA output)
I have a DVD player (SCART only)
I have a set-top virgin media box (RF and SCART)

I have bought a Clearco HD9000 projector (has VGA, S-video, RF and AV input)

I want to send the image and sound wirelessly.

Is there a wireless sender out there that is compatible with all of that? I have had trouble finding any that takes VGA (something about it being too dense?).

I have looked at a VGA to S-video adaptor (only a few quid!) which would allow me to connect it to a wireless transmitter, but does my computer need a TV-out to work with this? I don't even know if it has such a thing!

Alternatively would something like a VGA to TV signal convertor (around 30 quid) work?

I would be huuuugely grateful if anyone could help me out on this, and yes, I am embarassed about being so unbelievably clueless!

Thanks so much

Need more Info . . .

I am not sure what you are trying to do.

You want to wirelessly transmit video. Do you mean transmit your RGB computer video to your RGB projector port?

I bought a new device that transmits HD RGB signals wirelessly to another RGB input so that you can take your laptop and transmit HD video to a remote big screen (55") monitor. We use it for presentations. The device is new as of Nov. 2008 but is based on the new US frequency FCC allocation for high bandwidth video.

Not sure if it would work in your county.

It's called "Wireless USB to VGA Adapter Kit". Techspot won't let me post the URL because they consider me a "newbe".

So, check it out at Cablestogo. You know the drill . . . www and dot com.

I am sure they could tell you if it would work for you.

Good Luck,

Art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back