Wireless setup

eharvey650

Purchased a Epson WF-3540 printer for home use. Cannot get my computer to detect the printer on wireless network during software setup. Here is what I have:

1. Computer detects printer with usb cable connected and prints perfectly.
2. Printer detects wireless network and has 3 green bars.
3. Printer passed all its internal network connection checks and everything seems OK on the network status printout.

Installed software on my laptop and it too could not detect the printer on wireless network.

So I'm able to set the printer on my wireless network but can't the computer to detect or recognize it. Any suggestions?

Make sure you connect with ONE or the OTHER but never both.
I suspect you would rather have the wireless connection, so go to devices & printers and delete the USB connected device.

Thanks for the quick reply. I disconnected the usb cable and deleted the printer from printer and fax window. Tried reinstalling software. When I reached the point of setting wireless network I get a message "Printer not found" after about a minute of searching. I printed out a copy of the printer status sheet. I can paste a copy of it if you like. It's 2 pages long.

printer not found and yet you can print the status sheet?

With a WiFi printer, we usually enter the TCP network config from the printer itself and you need to match
the network of your router. As an example, using IPCONFIG /ALL you can see something like mine shown here:
Code:
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.5(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 216.116.96.2
find your PC settings and match the Gateway, Subnet Mask, and the DNS settings, but for the IPv4 address,
take only the first three numbers (192.168.0 in my case) and for the last one, use 252. This will keep your
printer from conflicting with the PCs.

Then you should be able to find the printer under Printer & Devices->Add Printer->Network Printer

Hello
I should have clarified that I reconnected the usb cable to enable me to print status sheet.

PC settings:
IP address.............192.168.0.10
Subnet Mask..........255.255.255.0
Gateway.................192.168.0.1
DNS Servers..........192.168.0.1

Printer settings (Taken from Epson Status Sheet Printout)
<TCP/ IP IPv4>
IPv4.....................................Enable
Obtain IP address...............Auto(DHCP)
IP Address...........................192.168.0.13
Subnet Mask........................255.255.255.0
Default Gateway...................192.168.0.1
APIPA....................................Enable
Acquisition way of DNS ADDR......Auto
Primary DNS Address..........192.168.0.1
Secondary DNS Address......None

The PC settings were found using ipconfig /all from cmd prompt. Wasn't quite clear to me if you wanted me to match PC settings to printer or vise verse. In any event I haven't been able to figure out how to manually change settings on printer using the touch screen.

Good info provided. The settings are fine as-is - - until you restart the PC and/or the printer.
You need a STATIC IP address on that printer, because if it changes, you'll never connect to it.

In the printout, look for the MAC address of the tcp info - - copy it down.

Log into your router, find the LAN settings, and RESERVE the printer MAC to be the existing IP address (192.168.0.13)

Now when you Add Printer->Network, you will always have it at the same address regardless of which device is powered on first.

I got it working. Router would not let me reserve the printer MAC. Software bug in the version of the firmware I was running would not let you reserve unless the address started with 00. Updated firmware and matters got worst. Ended up doing a hard reset back to factory settings. Reinstalled setup software and everything went fine. Now my family can print wireless from their laptops. Thank you so much for your help.

I was having the same trouble and this helped me connect for wireless printing.
Have you been able to scan as well?

Epson Net still doesn't detect a printer so I cannot use Epson scan or Windows Fax & Scan.

Back