Woman sentenced to year in jail for using fake Facebook profile to frame her ex

midian182

Staff member

Pretending to be someone else by creating a fake Facebook account is never a good idea, especially if you plan to use it for nefarious purposes. Just ask Stephani Renae Lawson, who was sentenced to one year behind bars on Wednesday for using a fake profile to frame her ex-boyfriend.

Orange County, California resident Lawson had spent ten months living with her former partner in his grandparents' house before his grandmother kicked her out for beating him up, according to the Orange County Register.

Not long after this, prior to September 2015, Lawson created a fake Facebook profile under the name of her ex, Tyler Parkervest.

Lawson used the fake account to send threatening messages to herself, telling the police that it was Parkervest who sent them. He was arrested four times between September and December 2015, and charged with “multiple felonies.”

Lawson’s eight police reports alleged that Parkervest violated a restraining order, threatened to kill her and her daughter, and that he would drive by her home when she was standing outside. The severity of the claims resulted in his bail being set at $200,000, meaning Parkervest’s grandparents had to put up their house as collateral to cover it, reports Vocativ.

In the days leading up to her ex’s preliminary hearing in May this year, Lawson sent more threats to herself using the fake profile. But the screenshots she showed prosecutors raised suspicions.

“One of my DA colleagues looked at it and said it doesn't look right and that triggered in our mind maybe we need to look into this further,” said Deputy District Attorney Mark Geller.

After issuing search warrants to Facebook and Lawson’s mobile service provider, T-Mobile, investigators discovered the messages supposedly sent by Parkervest had originated from Lawson’s phone and IP address. But Geller notes that it took “all summer” before the companies handed over the documents needed to clear the falsely accused man.

The charges against Parkervest were dismissed in October, and Lawson eventually pleaded guilty to one count of false imprisonment and one count of perjury, which are both felony charges. In addition to spending the next 12 months in jail, she was also sentenced to three years probation and ordered to pay restitution.

Permalink to story.

Wow, what a crazy woman. I wonder why Tyler didn't fight this back by simply saying he wasn't doing that and sticking firmly to that statement, in order for the police to look further a little bit earlier. One is supposed to be innocent until proven otherwise. He could simply show his real fb account or prove he doesn't have one if that is the case; maybe allow the police to monitor his online activity to prove he wasn't doing that.

Good to see! Now if they would just develop laws to protect those that are falsely accused of sexual harassment from the accuser with penalties equal to or greater than the penalties for those convicted of said crimes.

Pretty sure the boyfriend wasn't just an innocent victim since he still plead guilty to some of the charges.

Messed up that it took so long for them to even bother checking if the messages was legit and where they came from.

Wow, what a crazy woman. I wonder why Tyler didn't fight this back by simply saying he wasn't doing that and sticking firmly to that statement, in order for the police to look further a little bit earlier. One is supposed to be innocent until proven otherwise. He could simply show his real fb account or prove he doesn't have one if that is the case; maybe allow the police to monitor his online activity to prove he wasn't doing that.
He probably did all that. It was not until the DA decided something was not quite right that the DA decided to investigate further. The DA probably did not believe him. What the DA SHOULD have done is investigated this thoroughly from the start. They might have figured out much sooner that he did nothing wrong.

If you look deeply into things like this, what you will find is at least some DAs that prosecute because of personal ambition. Their aim is to put people in jail, otherwise, they are viewed as not doing their jobs. In addition, police can legally do virtually anything to you except torture - and this includes lying to you - to get a confession out of you. People like this don't give a crap if you are not guilty as long as they get a conviction.

Pretty sure the boyfriend wasn't just an innocent victim since he still plead guilty to some of the charges.

Messed up that it took so long for them to even bother checking if the messages was legit and where they came from.
Actually, reading the last paragraph of article reveals that it was the GIRLFRIEND that plead to the charges and not the BOYFRIEND. ALL charges were dropped against the BOYFRIEND.

Two rules that must be followed.

1. Never get involved with tree frogs (girls with brightly colored hair).

2. Never get involved with fat, ugly chicks.

Mr. Parkervest broke rule 2. http://www.ocweekly.com/news/stepha...r-creating-exs-false-facebook-threats-7713924
You've got great advice and great judgment. You must have dated a lot and have a lot of experience kissing frogs...

Mr. Parkervest broke rule 2.
And how! :eek:
stephani-renae-lawson_ocda.jpg

The upside to all this is, with a face and build like that, she'll have plenty of girlfriends in prison......:cool:

You've got great advice and great judgment. You must have dated a lot and have a lot of experience kissing frogs...

It seems we have found someone who has broken one or more rules. Somebody has to practice equal opportunity, I suppose. Or at least pay it lip service.

He didn't plead guilty to any charges; the woman, however, pleaded guilty to two charges.

I hope someone can appreciate the irony of The Move's, "Beautiful Daughter"

From a historic standpoint, this is the Move's attempt at copping the Beatles's string quartet in "Eleanor Rigby". It even has the same sonic texture

I used to work for the post office. Can you imagine how embarrassing it was when a mis-delivered letter came back with, "what's the matter, can't you read" scribbled all over it. Here's your big chance to share that wealth and experience.

...[ ]....You've got great advice and great judgment. You must have dated a lot and have a lot of experience kissing frogs...
Oh now, you have to keep in mind, if you kiss enough tree frogs, one might spread its legs into a princess...;)(y)

Next you guys will find sending threatening messages from Facebook to others, well, not quite yourself that is....

He probably did all that. It was not until the DA decided something was not quite right that the DA decided to investigate further. The DA probably did not believe him. What the DA SHOULD have done is investigated this thoroughly from the start. They might have figured out much sooner that he did nothing wrong.

If you look deeply into things like this, what you will find is at least some DAs that prosecute because of personal ambition. Their aim is to put people in jail, otherwise, they are viewed as not doing their jobs. In addition, police can legally do virtually anything to you except torture - and this includes lying to you - to get a confession out of you. People like this don't give a crap if you are not guilty as long as they get a conviction.

Actually, reading the last paragraph of article reveals that it was the GIRLFRIEND that plead to the charges and not the BOYFRIEND. ALL charges were dropped against the BOYFRIEND.

Mr. Parkervest broke rule 2. http://www.ocweekly.com/news/stepha...r-creating-exs-false-facebook-threats-7713924

I'd also add that part of the blame is today's political climate of falsely believing that men are committing rampant misogyny and other crimes against women that they've never committed. It's easy for lazy prosecutions to take this route for an easy, but wrong, conviction.

I'd also add that part of the blame is today's political climate of falsely believing that men are committing rampant misogyny and other crimes against women that they've never committed. It's easy for lazy prosecutions to take this route for an easy, but wrong, conviction.
Tell me about it. If all the men who stopped when a virgin said, "no", gave up then and there, this species would have died out 100,000 years ago.

Talk about getting off easy... how many years would he have if he got convicted? She gets 1? This whole story and the thread of comments is pretty disgusting.

You're implying that men just push forward and commit rape.
No, actually I was implying that women sometimes mean, "try again later", when they say no.

Or possibly, "I been told all my life by my priests and parents, I should say no". But I'm sick of all these years of repression, so I'll say no, and now that that's out of the way"....

Tell me about it. If all the men who stopped when a virgin said, "no", that didn't truly mean no, gave up then and there, this species would have died out 100,000 years ago.
Does that take any of the ambiguity out of that post for you?

Besides, I'm from the "love and peace generation". Which was basically a decade or so of one night stands for boys and girls alike.

The whole boy on boy thing didn't really kick in out in the open, until disco hit.

Last edited:
It goes to show you what goes around comes around in the end! Never judge a profile by the face alone! :)

The moral of all of this:
Stay away from wild women?
Don't live with computer literate women?
What else can we learn from this episode?

Back