Wow - COD: MW3 is receiving unbelievably bad user reviews

I was willing to give IW the benefit of the doubt in their claims that the game was vastly improved, and the new features breathed new life into the game.. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case. I can't help but feel like the game I'm playing would be better labeled an expansion pack for MW2, or just MW2.5 at best. IW seems to content now to rehash the same thing year after year without really aiming to do anything new. Such a shame to see this happen to a once great series.

Says it all really. And that's probably the politest response I just read...

Not hating, but thank god.

I'm so tired of hearing my friends boast about their prestige and nuking ability.

99% of my CoD-fan acquaintances are Console gamers who haven't heard of Battlefield 3, let alone played it.

I enjoy the game, but nowhere near as much as flying a jet.

Apperently the console version is getting rave reviews @ meta according to Hexus
.....whats a console?

The following review round-up takes into account the console versions of Modern Warfare 3. Here's what some of the critics had to say:

Official Xbox Magazine – “One startlingly huge, polished, and downright entertaining shooter experience. Sure, we can come up with a list of things we'd love to see from the series - whether it's a revamped campaign approach or a revitalized game engine and aesthetic - but when everything here is this well-executed and offers so many enduring thrills, it's hard to knock it too much. MW3 absolutely delivers” - 95%

Destructoid– “Modern Warfare 3 treads familiar ground and focuses on tweaking rather than reinventing, and that's just fine. While there are no major revelations or surprises, this is still a gorgeously produced package that gives military shooter fans exactly what they want. There's a reason why Call of Duty is the most powerful videogame franchise of the modern era, and Modern Warfare 3 serves as a reminder -- it's just that damn good at what it does.”- 95%

PlayStation Universe – “Modern Warfare 3 doesn't reinvent the wheel by any means, but there's no denying it's a damn good action-packed blockbuster, and maybe the best Call of Duty to date.” – 90%

Videogamer – “Modern Warfare 3 doesn't do anything new, but it also doesn't do anything wrong. For better or worse, this is a slick and well-metered trio of modes that make an entertaining package, but Sledgehammer Games and Infinity Ward are simply looking to augment previous games rather than expand the series into pastures new.” - 90%

Gamespot – “This is an exciting and rewarding game, but the series' signature thrills have lost some of their luster. Modern Warfare 3 iterates rather than innovates, so the fun you have is familiar. Fortunately, it's also utterly engrossing and immensely satisfying, giving fans another reason to rejoice in this busy shooter season.” - 85%

Eurogamer – “Feels like a complete package from the start; the three gameplay areas - solo, co-op and multiplayer - all feeling like parts of a cohesive whole, driven by a clear and honed declaration of intent.” 80%

Currently averaging 90 per cent on Metacritic, based on 30 reviews, initial signs are that Modern Warfare 3 has lived up to expectations. In the battle of the big guns, Modern Warfare 3 vs. Battlefield 3, Activision’s shooter is also winning the review wars based on Metacritic scores, with EA’s shooter lagging slightly behind with an 84 per cent average score based on 46 reviews.

Check the the average of 90% rating from the critics....and the 2.7 from users...WTH?
http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3

I've noticed that console gamers (and i mean console elitists) don't want strategy as much as run'n'gun. Battlefield is a game of tactic (more-so than CoD at least [imo]) and CoD is a k/d grudge match.

.....whats a console?

nes.jpg

:D

P.S. That was my first ever computer. A joint Christmas and Birthday present for me and my brother. I can almost recall Teenage mutant ninja turtles on it as well! Gosh the water level was a killer... Could never do it. :(

They certainly don't make them like they used to. :haha:

I doubt I was even a thought in my parents minds back in '73. Was another nine years before my arrival.

Ya know what Red1776? That was my first one too and believe it or not, I STILL HAVE IT. :)

When my Mom passed away a couple of years ago we were going through her things and I'll be damned if she didn't have that original Pong game we played as kids stashed away. I snapped it up in nothing flat. Almost scared to hook it up to my HDTV to see what it looks like...LOL.

Ya know what Red1776? That was my first one too and believe it or not, I STILL HAVE IT. :)

When my Mom passed away a couple of years ago we were going through her things and I'll be damned if she didn't have that original Pong game we played as kids stashed away. I snapped it up in nothing flat. Almost scared to hook it up to my HDTV to see what it looks like...LOL.

How would you do that i wonder? this is the hookup as I remember

31LMjjvDAqL._SL160_.jpg

I think I still have the next gen...Pong+'breakout' in a box in the basement... it was in color!

Yup, you're right, that is the hookup. I'm sure I could find an adapter somewhere, but as it is now - I couldn't hook it up to anything I have. I'd literally have to go buy an old school TV to hook up that oldest school game..LOL.

Ya the user reviews really seemed skewed with MW3; Amazon has a better picture of it but still a lot of bashing.

I'll give Activision props on one thing, they do deliver on what their core audience wants and stay true to themselves. And from everything I've read and seen so far this game is just more of the same at a faster pace with tweaks. Call of Duty gameplay however is simply no longer my cup of tea on top of them still ignoring essential PC features of the past. I'll stick with BF3 for the time and try to ignore its oversights :stickout: .

I only go off user reviews after the bashing duke nukem forever took. I know it wasn't the best game in the world but it didn't deserve the reviewer scores. 2.0 though for a user score? That is really low and I am guessing it will improve.

Coleco vision? Ours was called something like N-Television. Tron deadly discs was epicly fun I think I still have it somewhere.

@Ninja Turtles, yeah the water level was hard I got stumped on finding\using the damn rope, I got to the last level but couldn't beat it without a game genie.

Edit Intellivision

Modern Warfare 3 was too short, and the endings are all the same in each one, it so stupid, just a different boss.

Back