WoW lags terribly, malware related?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You posted in the correct place. :) You have several different errors but the one to concentrate on at the moment is the 0x50 because this can be caused by buggy antivirus software.

In this particular dump the Symantec/Norton driver BHDrvx86.sys was cited as the cause of your crashes. In fact it prevented another Symantec driver, symevent.sys, from being able to load.

We have dealt with many people here who have had issues with Symantec. Either update your software or uninstall and try different security offerings. Because Symantec/Norton is notorious for leaving drivers behind even after you uninstall, the company had to make a removal tool to make sure all remnants were removed.

If you do decide to uninstall make sure you use the removal tool for your particular version.

The other two errors of interest are both 0XEA: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER
A device driver problem has caused the system to pause indefinitely (hang). Typically, this is caused by a display driver waiting for the video hardware to enter an idle state. This might indicate a hardware problem with the video adapter, or a faulty video driver.

Both dumps specifically cited the Nividia display driver nv4_disp.dll as the cause of your crashes.

* I would first deal with Symantec and take it from there.

could faulty memory be causing any of these problems. neither of my memory sticks will pass a memory test , the error out at the same point on both sticks, test 5 of the first pass.

could faulty memory be causing any of these problems. neither of my memory sticks will pass a memory test , the error out at the same point on both sticks, test 5 of the first pass.

Absolutely! If you get any errors you have corrupted memory that must be replaced. The thing with corrupted memory, and I have seen this time after time, it will throw out all kinds of system errors and throw out all kinds of causes, when the issue is really bad RAM.

Installed the new memory and every thing works fine. IThe new memory passed the MEM86+ tests. In a few days I will resubmit my mimi dump files to see if there are still any problems. Thanks for all the help, It is greatly appreciated.

well the new memory apparently fixed my BLue Screen of Death, Thanks to the help I received on this forum. If someone could take a look at the bin folders again to see if there are any issues that I need to look at, I would greatly appreciate it.

Are these dumps before or after you replaced your memory? Because one is error 0x50 and specifically cited memory corruption.

the second 3 that I posted where new, about 5 days after I replaced the memory. The memory tests good on Mem86+, no errors and it passes all test. how often does the mini dump files get rewritten or created. It might be a carryover from before the change. I am having absolutly no problems with my system at all. Question about mem86, can you make it run a hard test were it runs all night. The way the one I have works it just runs one pass of 9 tests and then quits. I have heard people say to run it all night, but I can see where you set it to do that.

Yes, the actual norm is 8 Tests. The ninth test is quite different in that it actually puts your system to "sleep" and it is running a different kind of test. I have to manually select it to run Test 9 Most people run the test all night with subtests 1-8. It is a good thing to run at least 7 Passes because many people mistake that the Memtest is just repeating the same individual tests itself at ever Pass. This is not the case at all. It actually is throwing different patterns.

Try this Configuration:

1. Press C

2. then 1

3. then 3

4. Finally select the test you want to run

5. Press Enter

6. And then 0 (zero) to get it running . The test will now run forever until you stop it. A minimum of 7 Passes is the rule but the more you can do the better.

Also, one minidump simply cited a Windows driver which is too general to be of much help but it is an 0xA error and they are caused by either hardware or or drivers attempting an IRQ Level that they shouldn't be attempting.

The other error is 0x7E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues.

This one was specific citing the aeaudio.sys driver which part of SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio. Audio Noise Filtering Driver (32-bit) - Andrea Audio Driver - Andrea Electronics Corporation Update your sound drivers.

I have had a thought there was a problem with the sound drivers but the problem I am having is that the drivers I have are the most current that I can find. I have removed and reinstalled but with the same driver i have.

I have had a thought there was a problem with the sound drivers but the problem I am having is that the drivers I have are the most current that I can find. I have removed and reinstalled but with the same driver i have.

If this is onboard audio did you try your motherboard manufacturer to see if they have the latest updates for you?

I am using the driver that I got from the MB maker. The board is an
ASUS M2N32-SLi Delux. I am running the latest driver for that board that they list. I have searched for the actually chipset makers to get the drivers from them but I can't seem to do any good. Sound seems to work pretty good with an occassional stutter but other than that it seems ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back