Windows 8 Wrong Keyboard Layout

I am having a Japanese keyboard but english layout tried everything any solution ?

( I am not talking about the input method, I am talking about the physical layout of the keys on the keyboard)

Attachments

gbhall

TechSpot Chancellor
Please check the 'similar Topics' links that appear below your post. This one in particular may be useful https://www.techspot.com/community/topics/selected-wrong-keyboard-layout.188580/

I understand English is probably not your first language, but unfortunately, it is not clear from your post exactly what your problem is. The posts in the link I give above cover many problems people have with Japanese keyboards and the ability to switch backward and forward between them. Most if not all problems seem to have a solution, so hopefully you also will find one that helps you in that long series of posts. Good luck.

Last edited:
G

I think you are using a usb keyboard..
So you have to download drivers for that keyboard model number and Install it.. Restart the pc ( it's worked for me ) for ps/2 keyboards go to device manager and update your keyboard drivers after that restart the pc

learninmypc

TS Evangelist
I am having a Japanese keyboard but english layout tried everything any solution ?

( I am not talking about the input method, I am talking about the physical layout of the keys on the keyboard)
Other than the characters, I don't understand what is wrong. If its just the characters you're concerned about, why not get a sheet of typewriter characters you peel off & put on the keyboard?