XFX Geforce 9400GT conflicts with my monitor

Hello, everyone. I've encountered a problem, that's been occurring to me for the past year. Whenever i switch to 9400gt from my integrated graphics card and start the computer, the monitor sometimes just wouldn't detect my graphics card. I have to restart and restart countless times, until my monitor picks up the signal.
So far, my only guess is that my power supply (CODEGEN 400w) can't handle it. I'm on my integrated video card right now, which is Geforce 7050pv.

PC specs:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 2.99ghz
4gb RAM
Motherboard: ALiveNF7G-HDready.
PSU; CODEGEN 400W

I would really appreciate the help.

Ok, I no longer think the PSU is the cause of all this. I tried putting the card into my sister's pc, which had a 350w PSU and it worked like a charm. Her rig is basically like mine only with less ram and a weaker processor.

Make sure the integrated graphics is disabled. When you say you're on the integrated video card now, is the 9400gt card mounted on the motherboard? A majority of motherboards automatically disable the integrated video when a graphics card is installed.

Yeah, the integrated card is disabled. My 9400gt is still mounted though. I also made sure that PCI-E is enabled on BIOS.

Back