XP crashes when left alone

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi
my pc seems to have developed a strange problem recently
i am getting the BSOD error of kernel fault
event id 1003

i schedule my downloads at night and then switch off the monitor and each morning i find the bsod. this never happens when i am actively working on the pc.
i use bitspirit torrent client and have tried utorrent
i have recently installed a fresh copy of xp with sp3 but that does not resolve the issue.
kindly help

here is the event log from event vwr

Error code 10000050, parameter1 bad0b148, parameter2 00000000, parameter3 805bb452, parameter4 00000002.

please find the 2 days minidump attached

thanks

Minidump 121108-01
Probably caused by : vsdatant.sys

vsdatant.sys is a driver file belonging to ZoneAlarm firewall.

Possible Solution

Boot your computer into safe mode and uninstall zone alarm. Then enable the windows firewall or try the following firewall that is recommended by techspot.

Comodo

After you uninstall zonealarm it may be a good bet to enable the windows firewall and see if your system is stable before installing another firewall, just an idea. I do not use 3rd party firewalls. Just the windows firewall and it works fairly well.

After doing the above stated, please post back and let us know if this has resolved your issue or not.

thanks nobardin
your solution worked perfectly
no more crashes
could you kindly explain : y the system would crash only when i left it idle and not while i was working on it?

thanks for ur help again

Many programs, including AntiVirus or even Firewalls, are set to start scanning (or updating files) when the computer is idle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back