XP keeps giving errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

confuzed27

I do not know if I am posting this in the right board or not but I am having all kinds of issues with my Dell Latitude D810 with XP. About a week and a half ago I got a pop up with a little red x down by the clock that said windows has detected spyware. I did not click on the x or anything but I used spybot search and destroy and it seems to have gotten rid of it. And since then my computer has since made it so I can not get on the internet and can not run alot of my programs. I try to start my comptuer in safe mode and it runs through the processes and then just freezes on a black screen with a list of system files. When I boot it up in regular mode it gives me the option to open WIndows XP Regular or Windows XP Configuration. If i try and open configuration it just freezes at a black screen. I have put AVG 8.0 Free and HJT on my computer from a home computer. I have all of those logs if that would help with an analysis. I am so confused as to what could be causing this and need your help please!!!!!!

You have SPYWARE!

Just had a customer last night with this problem. You have spyware! This particular one is called "spyaxe". Here's what you need to do.

a) Download SmitfraudFix here Read the notes on how to run it because you start in Normal Mode, switch the Safe Mode then back to Normal Mode.

b) Run Spybot Search & Destroy (download here)

Repost with results.

Best,
-- Andy

I have all of those logs if that would help with an analysis.
As we have mentioned before, it's best to follow the sequence of cleaning programs, then attach the logs. Once we view them,we can determine what the malware is, if it's been removed and what files may still need to be removed. It is best to run HijackThis AFTER Malwarebytes and SuperAntispyware.

You've done this before, so just follow this: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

It is not unusual to have more than one malware infection and by viewing the logs, we can determine if additional cleaning programs are indicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back