XP needs to logon problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

maniacgeorge

hi,
I am running XP home edition. I have one account for my computer with no password but xp always loads the login screen and I have to click the login button for my settings to load. Obviously this is annoying because I can't just leave my machine to start up fully. I've looked in control panel,user accounts and there are two accounts my "owner" account and one called "ASP.net Machine A". This doesn't appear on the logon screen and I don't remember creating it. It calls itself a "limited" account.

Why dosen't this second account show up? Can I just delete it and my computer will auto login? Or is there another way?
thanks
George

Delete it from user accounts

or to require no password at log-in to auto log-in

then go to start > run > control userpasswords2

untick users must enter a username and password to use this computer

No, you didn't create that ASP Net account- Microsoft did and put it on your computer! I removed it as soon as I found it on mine!

Mine does this too,even has my avater.
Read the message of where to change this.I get 1 anyway.
I think it's go to Control Panel/Users accounts.

When you install .NET Framework from Windows Update that ASP Net account gets installed. At least that's one way it get on there. I just delete the account too, then I don't get that login screen.

Thats right

mailpup said:
When you install .NET Framework from Windows Update that ASP Net account gets installed. At least that's one way it get on there. I just delete the account too, then I don't get that login screen.

Thanks,now i know how and why i get it.
Heres where you control it.
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back