XP Pro BSOD during boot 0x00000050 error

I have a unique situation that is extremely similar to numerous well-documented issues. Unfortunately, it will take some creative ideas to fix this.

I was running Windows XP Professional SP3. An annoying trojan made it through my internet security settings. Norton caught it. I used Norton Power Eraser to get rid of it (rootkit or something). There was one file that couldn't be deleted, thought. Norton said that to fix the problem, I should boot from my XP install disk and repair the installation, which would replace the file. I did so, and rebooted.

Here, the actual problem begins. After rebooting, windows will not start. The splash screen appears briefly, followed by a BSOD and reboot. Booting in Safe Mode reaches Mup.sys and then reboots. Eventually, I managed to turn off AutoReboot on error even though I can't get into windows, so I could read the BSOD. Page error in non-paged area, stop error 0x00000050

After another day of research, I found that Windows XP with SP1 has this issue, caused by incompatible drivers. Why does this matter, since I was running SP3? Simple. My Windows installation disk is Service Pack 1a. So when I performed a repair on my windows installation, the files were replaced with versions from Service Pack 1, which have a conflict with some of my installed drivers.

So, I need a way to identify which drivers are causing the problem so that I can delete them, and boot into Windows so that I can download and reinstall SP3, then reinstall the drivers.
I have an Ultimate Boot CD for WinXP, so I can access the hard drive, but I can't get into my Windows installation to do anything.

So, can anyone help me identify the offending drivers?

See if you can get your hands on an XP install disc, because you really need to format and install XP fresh. Then you can properly update to Service Pack 3 and beyond

See if you can get your hands on an XP install disc, because you really need to format and install XP fresh. Then you can properly update to Service Pack 3 and beyond

With all of the tweaks and painfully installed programs, a full reinstall is an absolute last resort. Additionally, I have a second XP install disk. Unfortunately, the installation I am using is OEM, and the other disk is retail, so they won't accept the serial codes of the other disks.

Like I said, a pretty unique scenario.

Back