XP reinstall setup raid failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

silvermachine

Hi every one,
Trying to reinstall XP pro +media centre original disk 2002 version but upgraded to 5 nicely. Moved computer and it kept crashing on start up due to loose Ram. Now I cannot upgrade download patches etc. Well corrupted but no virus. My bios will not find hard drives (sataraid set up). But I can use computer and Office 2007 internet nice and fast . It is not safe to continue using like this but when I attempt to reinstall It says files are missing and eventually it stops. On re boot. I have to change from XP set up on boot to media centre or I get this message.
Stop:0X000007B (0XF78D2524,)xC0000034,0X00000000,0X00000000,) I don’t understand raid but is supposed to be linked to that according to help. Would an OEM of Vista correct this? Any help or suggestions please. I am demented!!!!
Chris

Re install

Tryied reinstall, clean install, install from cd boot, all got the same I dare not format and reinstall incase I loose the lot and dont know where to start.

You might want to invest in an external USB enclosure, install your drive, then access if from another computer. This way, you can retrieve your data by drag and drop, or by using a software recovery program.
A "Clean Install" would have wiped out your drive already. An install in Repair mode would repair by replacement all defective Windows folders.
This fix is not cheap nor fast. An enclosure will cost $30 plus the lost time. But it works well to rescue your files to another drive where you can then put burn them to CD's or DVD's.
Once you have your files, Do a complete reinstall including removing and replacing the partition, then a reformat, followed by a fresh install of Windows or whatever OS you are using.
If you don't have another computer, invest in a hard drive for the computer, then drag and drop from the problem drive.

I have a laptop (80Gig)but I would prefer a clean start I have copied everything I want off already as it is still running. It just goes funny and won't let me do things like install cause of missing files. I am worried about reformatting which is what I would really like to do because I don’t understand the raid set up. I just want a fully working windows running. I have formatted before on other computers is the same? What would I tell it about raid? Do I have to have disc or something? I tried to look it up but did not understand what people were on about. Raid 0, 1 etc. Every time I try yto install it just stops. It is a 64 bit system and I am using the windows disks which came with the machine. After I have put in 2 it asks for a third and when I put it in it says it is no good. Something about net. I tried to download this coping what was said on the screen but the disk was also rejected I think this was because it was a zip file but I could not unzip it on to a disk. Which puts me back to square one. I think I have a set of restore disks, I made up but I did not label the first two 1 and 2 and i have no idea what to do with them?
When you say repair mode what exactly do you mean? I have put the disk in and told it to reinstall windows and keep my files but it stops as well same problem. I printed out system some time ago and it show up one hard drive of 466.75GB, I had a look and it does have two. AMD Athalon (tm) 64X2 Dual core 4400+0 MHz, Memory 2046.48. Does that tell you anything? It worked great for a couple of years recording TV etc until I was forced to move it for a rewire of my flat. Now it doesn’t seem to know it has a TV card when it actually has 2. I took both out and put them back to no avail.
Any comments welcome it is all so frustrating no wonder I called it the Beast!
Thanks Chris

Hello again, My Beast is still uncooperative.
My system restore don’t work it only gives me one option which was no good This was the first thing I tried. I located windows recovery but it asked me for floppy disks which I don’t have. So any ideas other than formatting would be appreciated. My big computer is 64bit and my laptop 32 so would I be able to use the laptop in the way described and could I just get the sata /usb lead from maplins?
I have found a Norton V2i disk for a full back up, while looking for the fifth disk of the Nero backup which I cannot find think my grandchildren must have had it away during the mess. Raising 4 Main Questions.
1. Do I need to put Norton back on my computer to use the V2i disk? I found some instructions which said it would boot on start up but it doesn’t. I cant open it to read files as windows said it does not know what it is. But it is big and is the very first backup made before I even went on the internet.
2. If I have to put Norton back on can I remove it again afterwards, I use and prefer Bitdefender and it has compatibility issues?
3. Is there away to use the Nero disks without the fifth disk? It says some files are on the fifth disk, can I remake them now? It says: T h i s d i s c i s p a r t o f a b a c k u p c r e a t e d w i t h N e r o B a c k I t U p . S e e h t t p : / / w w w . n e r o . c o m f o r m o r e i n f o r m a t i o n .
B a c k u p n a m e : u s e r
D a t e o f c r e a t i o n : 2 0 0 7 / 0 7 / 1 8 0 3 : 1 9 : 1 9 P M
D i s c n u m b e r : 4

N o t e : T h e b a c k u p i n f o r m a t i o n f i l e ( * . n b i ) i s s t o r e d i n t h e l a s t a r c h i v e ( * . n b a ) o f t h e b a c k u p o n t h e l a s t b a c k u p d i s c . T h i s f i l e i s n e e d e d f o r r e s t o r i n g o r c o n t i n u i n g t h e b a c k u p .
4. Is there an easy instruction for formatting a Sata raid disk if I have to go down that route? I still don t really understand what they are about.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for looking everyone Christine
I have found a Norton V2i disk for afull back up. While looking for the fith disk of the Nero backup.

Do i need to put Nero back on my computer to use the disk I found some instructions which said it would boot but it dosn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back