Yahoo Mail Hacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. Ive recently encountered a seemingly minor problem (or so I thought) with my YAHOO mail account which culminated into a big mess. I received a big red banner saying Yahoo has "dectected an unusual activity" in my mail account, and therefore will be shut down for 48 hours.. The account has been now suspended for over a week now with no hope of coming back online. This is my business account and therefore my losses have become cumbersome without a solution in sight. It seems that there may have been an external intervention, malicious intent perhaps? Please help me anyone!!

Be right back.
==========
My yahoo is ok,so it's not everyone,if thats any help.
Not sure how you access yahoo,but open IExploer and type
www.yahoo.com and see if you can log in.or try yahoo.ca.
This has worked for other yahoo.com users.

I just found out that this happens when someone tries to log into your mail account with a wrong password repeatedly. This means that anyone is able to cause havok in your mail account if so chooses. This is an apparent shortcoming on Yahoo system, and I can clearly see how this may occur during my numerous business contacts who may want to do harm to my business. I cannot believe this has not happened rampantly with others. Even though I have a solution to fix this right now, I am certainly vulnerable to another attack. Any thoughts?

You probably do this,but always Log Out.Don't use "remember me"
Another possibility is if your useing Windows Auto complete.
I just changed mine.Can't find it,let me know and i'll explain where.

Using yahoo.com for business? Obviously a poor choice. Why don't you use an
account off your ISP? Many ISPs offer a webbase email in addition to the classic
pop3 client software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back