Z87 pro driver null

Ben415

Hey guys, so I recently built a computer, and my games were crashing after 10-20 minutes, so I figured I would recheck my drivers, but when I install the drivers for my Z87 pro Motherboard disk, they install, then when I reboot I am greeted with a Driver Null message. I have been looking around, and I cant find anyone with this same issue, any help or similar experiences guys?

Im going to sound like a noob here, but I dont get the bios flashback my Motherboard has. and I update it from online?

Stuff as been getting worse, as now games start to crash after only 5-10 minutes with the game freezing up for 5 to 10 seconds about 4 times every minute, and the speakers start to buzz loudly. Any information would be GREATLY helpful.

1405 is the latest BIOS for Asus Z87-Pro (check your BIOS version using CPU-Z). All your drivers should be the latest ones from the support site - http://www.service.asus.com/#!downloads/c1wax -
The only driver you should have to load from the motherboard disc is the LAN driver, so you can then go online and download the latest for it and all the rest. BIOS Flashback is a great utility that let's you flash your BIOS on standby power using a dedicated USB port, so even if you can't get into the BIOS screen or Windows, you can still recover a corrupted BIOS. Your manual details the procedure, and don't forget to rename the CAP file to your motherboards code name.

I downloaded the file, but I cant open the .CAP program, and when I tried to install the cap opener, it said the file did not exist.

FYI. If you've never flashed a computer BIOS before or if you don't know what you are doing, be careful. You could brick your motherboard. Generally, you should do this as a last resort. You should be pretty sure that this will solve your problem before attempting it and you do so at your own risk.

Im not pretty sure. Since I built my computer, some steam games would crash after 25-30 minutes, but today they started freezing up over and over and the speakers would buzz after only 10 minutes, And I looked around and dont know what else to do, as I cant update my drivers without getting the NULL message upon restarting.

I don't know that I'll have any good answers but could you capture a screen shot of that NULL message you're getting? Also
List any Problem devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
    ===> If you’re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
    ===> If you’re running 64 bit Windows, you’ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
  • Click the Upload a File button to upload and attach the file to your next TechSpot post

Will do.
Ethernet ControllerPCI\VEN_8086&DEV_153B&SUBSYS_859F1043&REV_04\3&11583659&0&C8The drivers for this device are not installed.

The issue is that most steam games, like Civ 5, Sleeping dogs, Chivalry and so will play well, then will stutter a little bit, and after around 20-25 minutes they call crash. After building the Enthusiast build with even better parts than listed, I am really annoyed about this, but thanks a ton for your help!

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    33.4 KB · Views: 3
Two quick comments for now:

Unrelated to your problem, I see your Ethernet controller isn't installed. (you must be relying on wireless). suggest you install it so you have it if needed (like when wireless won't work).

As hood6558 has pointed out, BIOS 1405 is the latest. (You;re running a couple revs earlier). More over, ASUS comment for BIOS v1405 says "Increased Stability" so I think it's something you need to do. It also looks like you should use ASUS AI Suite 3 to install it. There's a user manual on your m/b download site for it

I went to the ASUS site, they had 3 options for BIOS updates, Global DLM, Global and P2P. And they are all cap files.

Uhhh... Did you read my last post? My question was are you using ASUS tool "AI Suite 3" to flash your BIOS???

> It looks like the latest version is amongst a collection of tools listed under your m/b Utilities downloads. Toolset version 1.00.51

> You're going to have to download the AI Suite 3 user manual too from your m/b downloads and read it to find out how to flash your BIOS

I have no knowledge of that tool. If you need specific help in using it suggest you post on the ASUS forums. If anyone else on TechSpot has experience using it, you'd have to wait for someone else to read the thread and reply

P.s. It looks like the "Flash Backup" utility to be used for your Z87-Pro m/b comes packaged within the AI Suite 3 tool

Back