ZIFF Socket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

magaman598

My Friend Told me to Check my Ziff Socket on my MoBo.

He also said that the ZIFF Socket is where the Processer is Insterted into your Computer.

Would anyone Mind Helping me get to the ZIFF Socket?

The ZIF socket (Zero Insertion Force) is where the processor slots into the motherboard. Why do you need to check it, is your computer not working?

Edit: Found your system specs, I think its probably a Socket 939, the above question on why you want to check it remains though.

the ZIF socket (if you have one) has a lever that allows you to remove or install a CPU easily without tugging and prying your CPU out of a regular socket. ZERO INSERTION FORCE socket.

Ohhh........ I heard that you Could Remove a certain Part of it to see if there are any Pins stuck Inside.

If there is, could you Tell me how to do that?

and it's a Socket 754.

I don't think you can take the ZIF socket apart, even if you did, you risk damaging the motherboard and the socket. If this is related to your post in another thread that I just tried, put the old processor back in.

the socket itself is soldered to the mobo. It allows easy installation and removal of CPUs.

With a stuck pin - highly unlikely with a ZIF (but it could happen), you need some tweezers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back