Postbox is one of the best email clients for Windows and macOS. It includes powerful tools, intelligent views, and flexible workspaces. All presented within a clean, clear, and colorful interface.
What mail services does Postbox support?
Postbox supports most mail services that synchronize items using the IMAP protocol or download messages through the POP3 protocol. Postbox supports Gmail, iCloud, Outlook.com, Microsoft Exchange, Yahoo, AOL, GMX, Kerio and more.
Can I use Postbox to get mail from my Exchange server?
Postbox currently supports POP3, IMAP, and SMTP protocols. If your administrator has those protocols turned on in Exchange, then you can use Postbox to send and receive mail from those servers. Postbox does not currently support native Exchange protocols at this time.
How many email accounts can I have with Postbox?
There is no limit to how many email accounts users can add to the app. You can also arrange your accounts within groups via drag-and-drop actions.
Is Postbox free?
No, Postbox includes a 30-day trial. In order to keep using the app, you need to purchase a lifetime license ($49) that includes free updates.
Are the paid licenses per user or per machine?
Postbox licenses are per user, so one license will cover all machines you personally use, Mac or PC. If more than one person will be using Postbox, then additional copies must be purchased.
Your Email, Your Way
- Account Groups: Juggle multiple accounts like a pro. Separate or blend work and personal, job A and job B, your account and your boss' account - or mix and match to suit your needs.
- Favorites Bar: Keep your go-to folders and accounts accessible at all times with a single click from the favorites bar.
- Tabs: Reduce clutter with tabs, just like a web browser. Keep multiple messages, folders, contacts or topics open to easily switch between them.
Power Through Your Day
- Dropbox, One Drive and Box Integration: Big files, small files, lots of files - whatever you have, send it quickly and seamlessly by adding Postbox's cloud file-sharing capabilities.
- File and Image Search: Attachments at your fingertips. Postbox lets you find and use files and images hiding in your mail - even while you're composing a new message.
- Pre-Made Responses: Sending the same thing over and over? Streamline your work with pre-made responses that you can reuse as often as needed.
- Real-Time Tracking: Time flies when you're composing emails. Keep yourself on task with time and word-count trackers.
Chaos, Meet Order
- Focus Pane: Tackle what's important right now using the real-time filters of Postbox's innovative focus pane. Just want to see all unread messages from your team from today? Done.
- Attributes: Instantly view unread messages, or those with attachments. Scan your reminders, subscriptions, or social updates with a single click.
- Topics: Break your work into small, manageable chunks with custom topics for projects, events, or however organize your work. Create and delete topics, and reorder them to reflect your goals.
- Favorite Contacts: Target messages by contact. View messages from your boss, your other boss, all of your bosses, or the entire team with just a few clicks.
Everything You Need, At Your Fingertips
- Quick Search: Find what you need in a flash with Postbox's ultra-fast search. Jump to a recent search, or refine your search right in the search bar.
- Advanced Search: Looking for emails sent by your biggest client in the past month about an important project? Target your search by sender, subject, date range and other attributes.
- Content Search: Your days of digging for lost attachments are over. Postbox lets you easily find and use documents and images hiding anywhere in your email.
Postbox now ships with 20 beautiful themes spread across light and dark modes. To select a new theme, click the Themes button in the toolbar or select a theme from the View > Theme menu.
The "Default" option will automatically switch between the original "Light" and "Dark" themes based upon the OS preference or dark mode state.
Clips let you quickly insert pre-formatted blocks of HTML into your messages. It works similarly to Responses and Signatures, but Clips have two additional capabilities:
- Clips can insert CSS into the
- A default Clip can be used per identity when new messages are composed
This means that you can now create sophisticated newsletters, brand templates, or stationary and use them as needed or by default per identity.
Theoretically, any email template that you can create or find on the web can now be used in Postbox.
Like Signatures and Responses, we've included a suite of example Clips that you can use in your messages, including:
- checked bullets
- numbered bullets
- description list
- horizontal rules
- image blocks
- social follow blocks
- text blocks
To access Custom Clips, open the Compose window, make sure the Clips button is added to the Toolbar, press and hold the Clips button, then select Custom Clips from the menu.
Similar to add-ons, our Labs feature will allow for experimental 3rd-party code to be used within Postbox.
The first Labs project will be OpenPGP support provided by a specially designed version of Enigmail for Postbox and can be enabled under the Tools menu (remember to add the appropriate buttons to the Compose window toolbar).
Unlike add-ons which can be arbitrarily installed, only a select number of Labs projects will be available for Postbox. Given that Labs projects contain 3rd-party experimental code, they are not officially supported by Postbox, Inc.
If there's a 3rd-party solution you would like to see in Postbox, contact the 3rd-party developer directly. Please do not contact Postbox asking us to support code we do not develop, thanks! ?
Cloud File Sharing for Business
By popular demand, we've added two new services to our Cloud File Sharing feature:
- Dropbox for Business
- OneDrive for Business
Swipe Gestures on macOS
We've created a new swipe mechanism on macOS that will provide better feedback for four commonly used actions:
- 1/2 swipe left = Archive
- full swipe left = Reminder
- 1/2 swipe right = Junk
- full swipe right = Delete
The swipe actions work on a "swipe-n-hold" basis. Swipe until the desired action is displayed, hold, then let go once the swipe action "activates." This usage pattern was designed to prevent accidental swipes from performing an action.
Most importantly, swipe actions can be performed on multiple messages at once!
Currently, this feature is available on macOS only.
This works similarly to Quick Move but copies the message to the desired folder instead of moving it. The keyboard shortcut "c" will bring up the Quick Bar, and from there you can type the name of the folder you wish to copy the message to.
Gmail Labeling Mechanism
We've created a new mechanism for Gmail labeling that mirrors the actions used for Quick Move, Quick Switch, and Quick Copy. Type the "l" key to bring up the Quick Bar, then autocomplete against the desired label name.
Gmail labeling works similarly to Topic assignment in the Quick Bar, and you can now assign multiple labels at once.
Highlight & Strikethrough in Compose
The compose formatting toolbar now supports text strikethrough and highlighting.
We've added three more filter actions:
- Add Prefix to Subject
- Add Suffix to Subject
- Add Sender to Address List
- Implemented change to use external browsers for OAuth2 authentications
- Added the "Send Later" command (which drops messages into the Outbox instead of sending them immediately) to the Send button for newly composed messages
Postbox is featured in...
Software similar to Postbox 7
Mailbird is an email client for Windows, that provides all the right features and tools to help you reach inbox zero faster.
Thunderbird is a free email application that's easy to set up and customize - and it's loaded with great features.
- Windows, macOS, Linux
Web-browser, advanced e-mail and newsgroup client, IRC chat client, and HTML editing made simple.
- Windows, macOS, Linux
Opera Mail is a lightweight, customizable mail client. Reading, labeling, and filtering messages has never been so easy.
- Windows, macOS
More similar downloads