LAV Splitter is a Souce Filter/Splitter required to demux the files into their separate elementary streams. LAV Audio and Video Decoder are powerful decoders with a focus on quality and performance, without any compromises. All LAV Filters are based on the FFmpeg multimedia libraries (licensed under GPLv2).
LAV Filters are a set of open-source DirectShow filters, aimed to eventually replace the better part of the playback chain required to play all and any modern media. It is based on ffmpeg and libbluray and is aimed to offer an all-around solution to perfect playback of file-based Media as well as Blu-rays. LAV Splitter is a Souce Filter/Splitter required to demux the files into their separate elementary streams. LAV Audio and Video Decoder are powerful decoders with a focus on quality and performance, without any compromises.
- Full support for multiple video/audio/subtitle streams in one file (switching between streams natively supported)
- Support for Matroska embedded fonts
- “Smart” stream selection, based on preferred languages and quality
- "Forced” Subtitle handling
- LAV Filters now requires Windows Vista or newer, Windows XP is no longer supported
- New: Preliminary support for UHD Blu-ray parsing
- New: D3D11 hardware accelerated decoding (native mode with madVR, Copy-Back otherwise)
- Fixed: HDR metadata was not properly communicated to madVR in DXVA2-Native mode
- Fixed: Anamorphic WMV9/VC-1 videos were not being played back with the correct aspect ratio in all cases
- Fixed: Changing certain settings while playback was paused could result in a deadlock
- Fixed: Playing severly corrupted HEVC streams with hardware decoding could result in playback failing entirely, instead of skipping over the corruption
- New: Basic support for AAC 960 streams (common in DVB radio streams)
Software similar to LAVFilters 3
K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of DirectShow filters, VFW/ACM codecs, and tools used for playing, encoding and decoding numerous audio/video formats.
One of the most advanced codec packs with essential codecs to play many popular media formats.
You will no longer be restricted to using a specific player.