LAV Splitter is a Souce Filter/Splitter required to demux the files into their separate elementary streams. LAV Audio and Video Decoder are powerful decoders with a focus on quality and performance, without any compromises. All LAV Filters are based on the FFmpeg multimedia libraries (licensed under GPLv2).
LAV Filters are a set of open-source DirectShow filters, aimed to eventually replace the better part of the playback chain required to play all and any modern media. It is based on ffmpeg and libbluray and is aimed to offer an all-around solution to perfect playback of file-based Media as well as Blu-rays. LAV Splitter is a Souce Filter/Splitter required to demux the files into their separate elementary streams. LAV Audio and Video Decoder are powerful decoders with a focus on quality and performance, without any compromises.
- Full support for multiple video/audio/subtitle streams in one file (switching between streams natively supported)
- Support for Matroska embedded fonts
- “Smart” stream selection, based on preferred languages and quality
- "Forced” Subtitle handling
- Official LAV Filters builds require a SSE2 capable CPU
- Fixed: Certain MP4/MOV files didn't play or seek correctly in recent versions of LAV Splitter
- Fixed: HEVC in MP4 without PTS timestamp is being signaled appropriately
- Fixed: Closing RTSP streams did not properly call the TEARDOWN function
- New: CUVID support for VP9 8/10-bit and HEVC 10/12-bit decoding
- New: DXVA2 support for VP9 10-bit decoding
- Changed: Simplified the internal dataflow to reduce overhead and improve performance
- Changed: Enabled P010 output to EVR on Windows 10 Creators Update
- Fixed: Y416 output was incorrect (required by madVR 0.91.8 and newer)
- Fixed: Parsing H.264 MVC SEI NALs could fail in some cases
- Fixed: CUVID decoding could deinterlace progressive streams under certain circumstances, degrading the quality
- Fixed: LATM AAC streams with Program Config Elements (PCE) (common in DVB-T2 broadcast) played with audible distortions
- Fixed: Very short PCM audio streams didn't play properly
Apps similar to LAVFilters 3
K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of DirectShow filters, VFW/ACM codecs, and tools used for playing, encoding and decoding numerous audio/video formats.
You will no longer be restricted to using a specific player.
One of the most advanced codec packs with essential codecs to play many popular media formats.